Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 25 March 2013

Content is what I am, the scales don't measure that!

25th March 2013
Your dreams do not have an expiration date, take a deep breathe and try again.
I had a lovely day yesterday, I spend the best part of the day scrapbooking, it really does pass the time and keep me engrossed, I think the only reason I don’t do it more often is because of the mess I make doing it, maybe I need to try and work out how to do it without all the mess!  That way I could do a little bit here and there, my office as I type looks like it’s been ransacked, I can only just about move my chair without hitting something – untidymare.com!
After a nice soak in the bath on the afternoon, I did my master chef thing in the kitchen, it didn’t take long.  I’ve finally found a way of cooking pasta so that I enjoy it, I’m not keen on tomato based sauces so was glad to find that recipe the other week for a Carbonara which involved cracking an egg and stirring it through the pasta, I used that idea yesterday.  I added asparagus, olives, chorizo, spring onions, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and parmesan cheese and come up with a pasta dish I would eat again often as it contained all my favourite foods.  It was a huge plateful and cost me 16pp but it was 5pm and I hadn’t eaten since breakfast because I’d been so engrossed in my scrapbooking.
So how’s the weight loss (or maintenance of course depending on where you are on your journey) going?  Remember the true secret to success of weight loss is a combination of what you eat, what you drink and what you think!  It really is that simple, well it reads simple, not sure about the reality of putting that sentence into practice though!  However what you think can impact your success massively, thinking “I want that but I CAN’T have it!” won’t help at all, whereas thinking “I can have it but I don’t want it!” will have a completely different affect on your thinking!  I give myself permission to eat and drink anything I want, by doing that it stops me wanting it so much.  Yesterday I wanted a sausage sandwich for breakfast so I had it, cost me 13pp, Wall’s microwave sausages 2 for 7pp, bread 5pp, brown sauce 1pp, absolutely delicious and once the box has gone this morning I probably won’t have sausages again for ages.  Yes when I fancy something I have it because when you don’t then you crave it all the more, you have something else to distract you from what you really want, then you eat your way round what you wanted to start with, by the time you cave and have it, you’ve overeaten with so many other things you’ve doubled the ProPoints that the original food would have cost you!
I had Maltesers for breakfast one day last week because they were there in my kitchen and I knew that at some point I was going to eat them, so I decided to have them as a meal, rid my home of them and not buy anymore.  I’m so glad our Easter chocolate meetings are done and dusted because I couldn’t cope with having any more chocolate around me, I’m so over the sweet, sickly brown stuff, I really am, it makes me feel ill!
By giving myself permission I’m maintaining my weight, I’ve just looked back over the last 12 months, this time last year I ran 5 miles and I still weighed the same as I do today walking Alfie twice a day instead which I’m pleased about, my weight seems to fluctuate by 5-7lb max, again I’m chuffed about that, I know it isn’t the bmi number but it’s a number I happen to like because it’s a number that I can maintain!
I’m a comfortable size 12, sometimes I buy 14’s and other times I can get a size 10 skirt that fits, they’re just labels that can be cut out, I have something you can’t buy in any store, I have contentment and that’s priceless and immeasurable.
Have a wonderful day, it may be a bit grim out there but I shall be going to work, I’m already to dig my car out this morning ;-)
BeYouTiful xxx
 

No comments: