Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 7 March 2013

F&H takeaway meals at home anyone...

7th March 2013
 
Is it impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case you fail by default.  J K Rowling
 
Thursday came round fast this week, maybe it’s because I’ve really enjoyed the meeting topic or maybe I’ve had lots to do in-between, either way it’s one more day of meetings and tomorrow a bit of paperwork then done till Monday.
 
I had another filling and healthy day yesterday, it looked like this, and I don’t know how many ProPoints were in any of it because I’m not ProPointing this week and I don’t want to have to, however all these meals are healthy and could be eaten on a ProPoint day.
Breakfast, 2 crumpets, 1/2 tin baked beans, mushrooms cooked in water & 1 chicken oxo and poached egg.

Served 4 - 500g Sainsbury's extra lean mince beef, olive oil from F&H allowance, 2 onions, red pepper, cherry tomatoes, 1/2 tin chopped tomato, 2 sticks celery. beef oxo cube, worcestershire sauce, mixed herbs, garlic.
Asdda, chosen by you Tandoori chicken breast pieces, 2 Weight Watcher pittas, low fat cottage cheese & spinach leaves.  
 
I also went to Asda to top up on my F&H supplies, bought me some Weight Watcher wraps and pitta breads, they even had tortilla wraps which I will enjoy too. 
 
My F&H top up shop! Gammon steak rings look good!
 
My lunch was going to be burgers, then whilst I was at my desk I changed my mind and decided on meatballs but by the time I looked in my fridge and saw the veggies and half tin of chopped tomatoes I decided to make spaghetti bolognaise, all three meals would have been F&H though, so it shows how versatile it can be.
 
Asda ready to eat, Tandoori chicken is a F&H product so that’s what I had for my tea last night and delicious it was too.
 
I was asked last night about an old recipe sheet from my meeting with beef chilli fry (one of my sisters recipes) and tandoori chicken, so here it is all up to date and ProPointed.
 
Beef Chilli Fry (11pp) (uses 4pp of yr weeklies on a F&H day, or zero if you were to use Passata instead of puree)
 
200g frying steak cut into strips (7pp)
1 onion sliced
200g tomato puree (4pp)  (If you used Passata instead there would be no ProPoints and it’s F&H, haven’t tried so not sure how that would work)
2 heaped teaspoons curry powder
1 heaped teaspoon chilli powder
1 heaped teaspoon garam masala
1 beef oxo
 
§  Brown onion in spray oil.  Set aside.
§  Cook steak in spray oil.  Set aside.
§  Combine tomato puree, curry, chilli, garam masala & oxo in a pan with half a pint of water.  Bring to a simmer stirring all the time.
§  Add beef & onions and cook through.
 
Note: Alternatively make with 300g chicken breast
 
Tandoori Chicken (13pp) (Zero on F&H day)
 
1 garlic clove – crushed
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cumin seeds or ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon low fat plain yogurt (1pp)
½ teaspoon salt
350g chicken breast cut into cubes (12pp)
 
§  Mix all ingredients except chicken in a bowl. 
§  Stir in chicken, cover bowl and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes (or overnight)
§  Thread chicken onto skewers and cook for 12-15 minutes under a medium hot grill turning frequently and basting with the remaining marinade. 
 
Right I better get a wriggle on, messing about here won’t get my car loaded and the dog walked, still pitch black outside though so he’ll have to wait a little longer.
 
Have a great day all. xx

No comments: