Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 10 March 2013

Every day should be mothers day!

10th March 2013
Talking to your best friend is sometimes all the therapy you need.

Happy Mothers day to all the moms out there, you shouldn’t just be celebrated today but every day, because without you…..
 
I took my mom for coffee at Asda yesterday (last of the big spenders me!) with my bestie and we had a natter, then I went for a walk round shopping whilst she sat and watched the world go by.  As we walked in mom noticed one of many people putting flowers in their trolley, and said, "I'm glad I ain't her mom, I want the money!"  Priceless that’s what my mom is, and not sentimental at all most of the time, so I haven’t got her a card but I will spend the day with her, watching tv with her and chatting.
 
I didn’t eat a great deal yesterday, started my day with bubble and squeak made from leftovers, then had a ham sandwich later in the day, I just wasn’t hungry to be honest, doesn’t happen very often but when it does well who am I not to take advantage, I’m not going to eat just because, we also had a very early night, was in bed just gone eight I think after watching an enjoyable film “think like a man”.
 
So I think eating Filling & Healthy foods is balancing out my appetite, it might be a coincidence but even on ProPointing days I’m going to include as many F&H foods as possible.  I’ve been looking for ideas, and I remembered an old recipe I used to cook that is just delicious, will definitely be having it in the week, I’m thinking of enjoying it stuffed in Weight Watchers pitta breads or it would be nice in a Weight Watchers wrap;
 
Hoisin Beef
Serves 1, takes 20 minutes, 8pp each or zero on F&H if using oil from allowance
oil spray (1pp) (from yr allowance if on F&H)
175g extra lean beef mince (6pp)
½ crumbled beef stock cube
1 small red chilli, de-seeded and diced
1 ½ tsp diced fresh ginger
1 garlic clove, diced
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (1pp)
a handful of fresh coriander leaves
4 or 5 small lettuce leaves
1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin sticks

2 spring onions, sliced
4 fresh mint leaves shredded

Spray a non stick frying pan with the cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the beef and stir fry over a high heat for 5 minutes until browned and cooked through. Add the stock cube with 2 tablespoons of water, chilli, ginger and garlic and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the hoisin sauce and half the coriander leaves.

Arrange the lettuce leaves and carrot sticks on a plate, top with the mince and garnish with the spring onions, mint and remaining coriander. Serve immediately.
 
Another recipe I’ve found that would be fab to get someone else to cook for you today as it’s Mothers Day is
 
Cook in the oven breakfast
Serves 4, 6pp per portion (1pp from weekly allowance on F&H day for spread)
Takes 5 minutes to prepare, 20 minutes

Olive oil spray (use F&H daily allowance or use a pan liner)
6 slices weight watcher wholemeal low calorie bread (12pp)
3 teaspoons low fat spread
(2pp)
4 turkey rashers, snipped roughly
(2pp)
100 g  mushrooms, quartered
150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
4 eggs
(7pp)
150 ml skimmed milk
(1pp)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
·         Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven. Lightly spray a 23 cm (9 inch) square baking
dish with the cooking spray.
·         Spread the bread thinly with the low fat spread, then cut each slice into four triangles and arrange around the edge of the dish, points uppermost.
·         Scatter the turkey rashers, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in the centre of the dish.
·         Beat the eggs and milk with seasoning then pour all over the other ingredients. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the egg mixture is set, and the bread is crisp and toasted
 
Sounds good doesn’t it.
 
And for those of you that must have something sweet, this is nice and F&H!
 
Mango fool
200g Mango (fresh or canned in natural juice – drain juice off)
50g 0% fat Greek yogurt

Puree mango, fold into some 0% fat Greek yogurt. Stir through some diced mango pieces and serve.
 
That might be nice frozen a little too – just a thought.
 
Whatever your plans, enjoy your day. Xx
 
Eat, Be & Live Gorgeous x
 

No comments: