Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 26 March 2013

From argh to ahhh - reality check was necessary!

26th March 2013
Hello my name is consistency – I make it happen, day in and day out.  You might know my good friend- success…. We’re always hanging out together!
So yesterday was a toughie, obviously the weather conditions weren’t great but that wasn’t a problem, the majority of my gorgeous members still managed to get to me despite the fact you could barely stand up due to the slippy paths, even Alfie was a bit like bambi when I whizzed him round the block!
The toughie started when I sat down to do paperwork, software issues and frustration ensued!  I got myself a little worked up to say the least, yes yesterday I took myself way too seriously and when you do that you get stressed, it really wasn’t worth getting stressed about as nothing is worth raising my blood pressure!   The frustration lasted about 2-3 hours when suddenly I realised what I was doing and thought ‘sod it’, smiled and took a deep breathe.
I didn’t get out of my office till gone five though so I did get quite a bit done.
The only down side to all that was my eating behaviour, I was stressed so I ate, I was rushed so I didn’t think about what I ate nor have time to cook!  This I realise is one of the side effects of stress and another good reason not to get wound up over things that you can’t change.
Lack of time I just realised when I was in the kitchen making a cuppa is one of the main reasons we struggle with our weight loss plans isn’t it, we’re all so damn busy so we feel that we don’t have time to cook and therefore we grab any old junk, stop at MacDonalds or KFC or order a takeaway!  A change of mindset is needed here because yes, yesterday there was no chance I had time to cook certain meals such as a roast lamb dinner because I hadn’t got time for all the preparation and I’d forgot to get the lamb out of the freezer.  I did however have time to do something fast, this pasta dish that I had for my tea took 15 minutes, and 12 of those was so the 50g wholewheat pasta (5pp) would cook, I threw 1pp chorizo, 1pp olives, ¼ chopped orange pepper, 1pp sundried tomatoes, 4 sliced mushrooms, 8 tiny cherry tomatoes in a pan and cooked them through, the when pasta was cooked I stirred it all together and added an egg (2pp) which I stirred through as it continued to cook for another minutes, served with 1pp parmesan cheese.  Total of 11pp and totally delicious, now there are plenty of those kind of meals that can be  thrown together to help you stay on track, or even  scrambled or poached eggs on toast, or beans on toast – there are quite a few options, because the danger of not taking the time and effort could mean you have a 4pp bag of crisps with a couple of WW bars 4pp, so 8pp has already gone and you’re still going to be hungry! 

Actually I’m just tracking yesterday and I’m absolutely thrilled, mom and I shared a pepperoni pizza and I was dreading ProPointing it, but it’s worked out at 11pp for half, and it was delicious, it would have been better served with a side salad to fill me up, and hopefully I’ll do that next time!  This was the pizza, it’s a 340g Goodfella’s stonebaked thin pepperoni, very, very tasty indeed and most definitely worth 11pp for half!
So I’ve realised once again that stress ain’t worth it and that time is something I’m short of in the week so I need to have a plan, as with any goal you have in life you have to have a plan – do you?  Is your goal list more of a wish list than a want list?  Are you being realistic and have you put in place a plan of how you intend to achieve that goal.  Remember it won’t just happen, results happen with action. Results disappear with inaction.  It really is that simple, I can sit here typing that I’d like to lose half stone, but unless I put some plans into action that goal is never going to be achieved!  So when I sign off in a minute, I will go downstairs make me a cuppa and plan my meals for the day – stop leaving everything to chance because that isn’t helping at all.
Today I shall mostly be behaving like a relaxed Gorgeous BeYouTiful person - care to join me. x

No comments: