Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 1 May 2012

One life - don't let it pass you by!

1 May 2012
And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years    Abraham Lincoln

It’s weigh day today and I’m hoping I will lose, 1/2lb will do me, I’ll be 100% happy with that, especially as I haven’t been 100% on it!  So yesterday I realised I needed to stop guessing the portion and turned the kitchen scales on, had mushroom and cheese pitta for breakfast and weighed the cheese, reality check with how much I could have for 30g.   Lunchtime we had liver and onions and again weighed everything.  Then the dieters nightmare situation happened on the night me and my mate had to drive over Penn to my nephews and the best Tandoori in the world is round the corner which we’ve both been craving since the last time we had it – so we gave in!  I thought it would totally blow my budget, but when I’ve done the maths this morning, it wasn’t as bad as I expected.  We had takeaway so that helped, the chicken cost me 15pp, ½ peshwari naan 9pp and poppadum 4pp so my total intake for the day was 56pp!  My journal starts on a Monday so I’ve got 49pp weekly allowance thank goodness which is why this plan works, I haven’t blown my week –

 I can have an unexpected event happen and it can be on a Monday and I can still survive the week!

Daily allowance = 26pp

Activity ProPoints Earned = 12pp (walking, running & pedometer)

Total Day = 56pp

Weeklies used 18pp

Weeklies left = 31pp & any more activity PP I can earn.  This is why I run!

Yes this is why Weight Watchers Works, because there doesn’t have to be the whole guilt trip thing or the I’ve blown it now I might as well start afresh next week!  And the next time you have that thought, think if you accidentally drove through a red light, you wouldn’t think sod it and drive through every other red light you saw that day!  Or would you!?  Let’s just say I hope not anyway!

Well if anyone had walked in my house last night, they would have assumed we were all drunk, but we weren’t the strongest thing we’d had was tea, however the conversation was random to say the least.  Katie was talking about the end of the world and mom was buying into it all, 12/12/12 that’s when it’s all gonna happen according to the Mayans!  Well to try and put half of what was said into words wouldn’t make any sense at all so I won’t even try but what was really spooky as Katie is saying we’re all gonna be tagged etc was that my SKY+ box started recording a programme I hadn’t asked it too.  What was that programme you ask – it was about ‘cracking Mayan codes’ – now that’s odd!   

It freaked me a little anyway ;0)

So what I got from the conversation was a reminder, Katie was genuinely concerned that the world might end or change beyond belief and she might not be here to be a part of that change.  I asked her why she was so concerned, what was her biggest fear and her reply was, “there’s so much I haven’t done yet”. 

She had a good point, what haven’t you done yet that you want to, she has an excuse she’s young, but if you’re older and you still have a very long ‘to do’ list you need to be doing before it’s too late.  What was the first thing that came to your mind then when you read the above, did you instantly think about something you need to do or want to do.  I consider myself very, very fortunate that I made a list when I was very young, when you spend a lot of time in hospitals there’s not a lot else to keep your mind occupied and I’m proud to say I’ve done almost everyone of them, there’s a couple of things still to do and there’s things that pop up now and again to add, that’s what keeps me interested in life but overall I’m happy to say “I’ve Lived” and “I’ve Laughed” and that’ll do me.

Have you?

On that note I’m going to weigh and eat my breakfast ;) Branflakes today I think.






No comments: