Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 22 May 2012

Did you track that?

22nd May 2012

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Louis Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo DaVinci, Thomas Jefferson and Albert Einstein. Get the idea?
Great day yesterday, lovely meeting on the morning, I do like my nice gentle start to my week, then I managed a 5 mile run round chase water, ran round clockwise then anticlockwise to see it from a different angle, I also managed to get up close with some deer which was WOW!  I’d only planned on running my usually 5k (3.1mile) but as I pulled up on the car park my phone beeped, my best mate telling me she’d just run her first half marathon!  She was one of the people who originally inspired me to give running a try and she’s been training to build up to the 13.1 mile half marathon, the furthest she’d got so far was 10 mile, so when she text and said she’d done it, I was motivated to try and push myself further too.  She runs really fast and did it in 2 hours, so that’s like 9 minute miles, I however took 57 minutes so 11 ½ minute miles, and you know what, I’m happy with that because I’m running, and that’s all that matters, plus it earned me 10pp for wine whilst I was soaking in a hot bath later than day.  Mmm you gotta love relaxing when you’ve earned it. 

I was also inspired as always by one of my members yesterday who’s been on their journey for a good long time, we all go through phases of it being easy and times of it being really hard to stick too, sometimes those times are influenced by other things that are happening in our lives.  Realising this will help us all get to our goals, because regardless of how long it takes you to lose your weight, you’re always going to have to watch what you eat in order to keep the weight off!  They’ll always be times in your life when there are things that challenge you, because it isn’t easy being a human being, things happen that cause problems, however we can cope and continue to lose.  How do I know, because she’s been doing it for 3 years now and is still going, she’s 18 ½ stone lighter than she was and I know she’s going to go all the way to her goal, she may have moment where she doubts herself, hell don’t we all, but she’ll do it because she knows deep down she’s worth it, she’s worth all the effort that’s necessary to succeed. 

Enjoyed my dinner yesterday, liver and onions in gravy, with mashed potato and chives (I added 1pp of low fat fromaige frais, which made it really creamy mmm), carrots and spinach.  It was a huge plateful of food for 12pp and not forgetting I’d earned 10pp running, it was covered ;-) easily, I’d had mushroom thin for breakfast, and for tea I had a square wrap stuffed with coronation chicken and salad leaves.  I was having leftover mash, carrots and onion gravy which smelled delicious when my mom came walking in with it, after saying she didn’t want any!  It’s a good job I love her because I was drooling as I watched her eat my tea, before going and making myself a wrap!

So it’s my official weigh in this morning, I’ll be happy with a stayed same or loss, I know I didn’t track last Tuesday and I wasn’t particularly good that day, I had a 2.5lb loss last Tuesday which was a tad unexpected as I’d only tracked 4.5 days out of the 7.  This week I’ve tracked religiously since Wednesday, so it’ll be 7 days tracking at the end of today, it’s the first weekend this year probably that I’ve stayed on track and I’m still within my allowances.  I’ve had all of them mind, every daily, every weekly and every activity so let’s see if I get away with last Tuesday’s blip or not.  Either way, I’ll be happy because I just feel great being back in control, making the effort to find foods I know I’ll enjoy as well as them helping me get my weight off.  I’m loving my journal, it’s really making me think about what I have, writing it down really is the answer!
Right I’m off to walk Alfie, he’s getting the full hour these days, I need the steps on my pedometer ;-) It’s all about the wine-ometer!

Enjoy your day, it’s gonna be a good one!

No comments: