Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 7 May 2012

Curvy, skinny or toned - whatever makes you happy!

7th May 2012

Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. Gwyneth Paltrow

Yay another 5k, took me a few minutes longer today but I was on trails rather than paths and I felt better doing it, Mike Skinner is distracting me perfectly with his story of the streets, great audiobook, I think so anyway.  But we all have different tastes don’t we whether it be a book, or music, you’ve only got to watch “The Voice” on BBC and see the facebook status updates or twitter comments to see that! 
Thankfully we are all different in our likes and dislikes otherwise we’d all want the same thing and life would be dull, plus there’d never be any smoky bacon crisps in the newsagents when the mood takes you in that direction!

There’s seems to be quite a big divide when it comes to “What is the perfect body?” For some it appears to be that lovely curvy figure like Kelly Brook, where any fat on her body is situated perfectly in the right place & not only is it in the right place, its smooth too, unlike the fat that positioned in a similar place on my body which doesn’t look quite the same and it certainly isn’t smooth lol, but I still love it ;) why – because it’s mine and I’ve spent way to many of my earlier years slagging it off and trying to change it, my main focus these days isn’t to change it, its to take care of it, to feed it nutritious food, to treat it to the occasional massage, ensure it gets plenty of rest and exercise it to keep it mobile. 
At the other end of the spectrum we have the super toned, ultra fit or skinny bird and some women aspire to this figure too.  Not all skinny birds are anorexic, some are just super fit and work out a great deal, you’ve only got to look at Paula Radcliffe (a women I am totally in awe of)  to know that. she's super fit! Heck in an ideal world I’d have Paula’s fitness levels and endurance and Kelly’s body but I’d quite like to keep my personality and face if you don’t mind cos I likes it.









These days though rather than an image in my mind of how I want to look I have a thought / idea of how I want to feel.  One of my facebook mates just said, “When I was at my largest I worked out that looking at fat pictures of myself just made me eat more and I'd never been skinny in my life. So I didn't have a skinny picture to motivate me. I saw this pic in a magazine and thought she looks great, sexy, curvy and real’  So I cut it out and stuck it and some WW online success stories of people my start weight and height on the inside of my wardrobe door” in a magazine and thought 'she looks great, sexy, curvy and real' so I sit it out and stuck it ,and some WW online success stories of people my start weight and my height, on the inside of my wardrobe doors. 

What a fabulous idea, kind of like a vision board, she’s just helped me decide how I’m spending a few hours this afternoon, I’m going to create a vision board for my office wall to help motivate me to stay on track, photos of things that show how I want to feel, not necessarily photos of people - I know what I mean in my head, maybe I’ll share it with you tomorrow.
We all know I’m in the zone on a Monday morning but come Thursday night I start to forget how important it is to stay on track so maybe a vision board will serve as a reminder!  The fridge door might be a good place to position one!

We all have different visions and ideas of what we want from life, it’s important not to judge anyone else’s or poo pah their ideas and dreams.  Regarding your body it’s also important to remember you’re working on a Masterpiece and to reate one of those takes time!  And everyone has a different idea of what a good masterpiece looks like, personally I'm not a big lover of the Mona Lisa, but Van Goghs Starry Night, now your talking!
It's like fitness, when I'm asked "are you fit?" my response is usually "for what?" because it depends again how fit you want to be, I'm fit enough to run 30 minutes or walk 26 miles, but ask me to do a few hours of Zumba and I'll decline!
Great being different isn't it!
Enjoy your day, I’m off to find magazines to cut up, even though I should be doing housework and paperwork!  It’s a Bank Holiday – sod it!
No I will do a little grown up housework and stuff first = boo to being a grown up!




No comments: