Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 17 May 2012

In the ZONE! It's great here, come join us!

17th May 2012
Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Japanese Proverbs

I appreciate we’re all busy but I truly believe tracking is a small price to pay to ensure a weight loss!  After my loss on Tuesday morning, I did what I’m renowned for in my own head and I didn’t track that day thinking ‘WOW I’ve  lost 2.5lb and I only tracked Monday – Friday, so I don’t have to bother’, by Wednesday morning, when I stepped on the bathroom scales (yes I know once a week in the meeting, but I needed the reality check!) I’d put 1.5lb of it back on.  So 7 days a week tracking from now on it is, I realised I need to go back to basics and think about what I can have instead of just reacting in the supermarket or kitchen I need to think beforehand. 
I then also realised I was a little bit skint!  So I couldn’t just go out and buy loads of diet meals.  Luckily my cupboard is full of good stuff – if it’s used correctly, I just needed to add fruit, veg and salad which I could afford.  Yes if I could afford a £1.30 bag of chips the night before, I sure as hell could afford a 99p bag of salad leaves, 50p for half a cucumber, £1 for 3 large mushrooms, 50p for a bunch of spring onions, 10p for 2 carrots £1.30 for 3 peppers and 99p for cherry tomatoes, there’s enough salad there for two main meals, I know because I had one last night, and I’ve just prepared the other one for two, I’ve also used some of it to prepare 3 giant stuffed mushrooms and a bit left over to throw in a stir fry maybe.  Yes I spend £6 in the greengrocers and with what I already have in the fridge I’ve already got 3 or 4 meals out of that which is about the same as 4 trips to the chippy and a guaranteed weight gain which would cost £5.99 for the extra week at Weight Watchers to lose it again!  Yep finances may be tight for all of us but a bit of thought means your money can go much further.

I did treat myself to a new journal though, and because I prefer ring bound books I’ve taken all the pages out of the journal, hole-punched them and put them in my Weight Watcher blue folder so I have everything in one place, I now have my A-Z pocket guide in the same place as my tracker.  
To motivate me even more, I’ve taken photos – FRONT – SIDE – BACK, oh my word, the back view was a shock!  I took the photos in my bra and pants too and when I looked at my rear, I realised it’s a view we never need to see that’s why it’s behind us!  I will definitely be getting back to goal now, mainly because I’m actually curious to how different that back view will be when I do ;-)

I started yesterday with Ryvita, but not because they’re diet food but because I actually do really like them.  I made a delicious gammon pasta main meal using Bachelors condensed low fat chicken soup as the sauce (recipe of facebook) and for my other meal I had the salad mentioned about with a packet of Bernard Matthews Coronation Chicken  (3pp & only 99p) and 10 olives (1pp).


I’d got 7pp white wine left in a bottle so I finished my day with that, meaning final score so to speak was 29pp, so used 3pp from my weeklies, but I did earn 7pp on my pedometer.

Yeah it’ll all be worth it when I get another weight loss next week, it’ll be worth it even more when I see my goal weight again on the scales, it’ll be 8 years on August 17th (3 calendar months away) since I got to my goal, I have about 10 or 11lb to get to it.   

We can do this!  Aren't you glad I didn't share my knicker and bra shots with you!! '-) 
Have a fabulous Friday, it's almost the weekend. xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I myself realised the importance of needing to track everyday this week, luckily my sp was in time to bring my gain only to 0.5lb but its still 0.5 in the wrong direction. I will deffo be tracking everyday this week! I also love your idea of highlighting the foods in green that are healthy and filling, I have started it this week but think way you have done it is much better!

Sarah
http://fatgirlfighting.blogspot.com