Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 23 March 2012

You know when you just fancy something...

23rd March 2012

Forbidden fruit creates many jams.

What a day yesterday was, it’s such a busy day for me but if you were my meeting earlier this week you would have heard me talk about how I planned to buy a crusty cob, take the middle out and fill it with salad and a Birds Eye fish in breadcrumbs so that it was like a ‘filet of fish’ from MacDonalds but better.  I haven’t had time to get round to it so yesterday I was a little ahead of my schedule so I went to Asda after checking their website for opening tmes at 7ish to get the cob, but they informed me they didn’t open till half past regardless of what their website said!  So I went to work and popped into Co-op on the way home and found a crusty baguette that said it weighed 200g.  I was chuffed, even though it cost me £40 because mom followed me in and kept picking things up – it’s surprising what an old lady without her purse can get in someone else’s basket!


I got home weighed and pointed it the bread roll – 200g = 15pp, removed the bread out of the middle and weighed again now only 9pp, told mom she could have the middle for the birds because I hadn’t got the time or the eggs to make savoury bread pudding with it as planned previously.  Put my fish in oven, my mushrooms on the top in a frying pan and went upstairs to turn my computer on.  Came down, looked at the chopping board and my baguette had gone, I froze, I knew what had happened, I turned round almost in slow motion to look out of the window to see my mom stood outside tearing it up onto the bird table!  I couldn’t believe it, I shouted through the window “what are you doing?” that’s my lunch, mom – “you said you couldn’t use it cos you hadn’t got the time or the eggs, I thought it’s a bit of a waste of money”.  Bless her she then started scooping it up off the table telling me it’d be okay!  
I ended up having Warbutons sandwich thins – hey ho, it saved me 3pp!  It also made me realise we put far too much emphasis on food, I was devastated if I’m honest, I sat eating my lunch absolutely gutted it wasn’t my hollowed out baguette but laughing everytime I thought about it.  The four images on her are going to be my screensaver to remind me there’s more important things in life than food!

Great weight loss in meetings this week 662lb, that’s over 47 stone and I’ve really enjoyed the meetings this week, I have a feeling that weight loss will be higher next week because of the honesty of the talk this week, a lot of us have realised we have the balance wrong on our intake.

I wished those that don’t stay would because it really does make a difference, I know some of you have been attending a good while and understand the programme but Weight Watchers works because of the group support and even me as the leader learns something every week from my members.  Those that stay lose more weight – FACT!

It’s Friday and I can’t wait to pick my mate up and go have fun, just a little bit of paperwork to do, then let’s the fun commence.

Hope you get to your weekend as soon as possible, remember weekends aren’t just about eating and drinking, they’re about laughing and living. Xx


No comments: