Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 26 March 2012

Timber..........

26th March 2012

"If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford

Not loving losing the hour, it’s thrown my body clock out so I had a later night last night and now I’m shattered! I’ll be ok after a cuppa but I wasn’t impressed to be woke up by the alarm this morning, I’ve usually been awake a while before it’s time to get up.

Yesterday was a half lazy day for me, I’m getting my house back in order, one weekend at a time, breaking it down, last week my office, this week my room and the ironing.  So I did all the jobs around the house I said I was going to first, all my ironing is done and put away whilst watching a daft movie, then when I went downstairs to get a cuppa, I look up the garden and there’s mom sawing down a tree!  Yep, 74 this year she is but when she decides to do something, she doesn’t think about her age, or her strength or the logic of it, she just starts! 

You’ve got to admire that determination in a person and yes I did go help her with the thicker trunks, two of them anyway, it was almost down when a chap over the back came out and offered to do it with his chainsaw, so he did the last trunk, whilst mom continued to cut up all the branches.  Kept her quiet all morning.

It just goes to show if you put your mind to something, anything is possible!

So if you knew you couldn’t fail – what would you attempt to do? 

If you didn’t spend so much time thinking about your weight and the regular day to day chores that you do, would you like to take on another kind of challenge, or take up a hobby, or strive to achieve something particular? 

Think about it – is there something you’ve always fancied doing that you haven’t got round to or didn’t think you were capable of?

I walked Alfie yesterday morning for an hour and a half, it was lovely and peaceful and calm walking round the pools at Essington and on days like those I realise how happy with my life I am.  I had lots of adventures in my 20s and 30s and at the moment I’m enjoying having less dramatic adventures and lots of calm times.  Me and mom spent hours laughing yesterday, enjoying each others company and chuckling at totally ridiculous stuff that others wouldn’t get.

I always judge my happiness with my life by how often I smile and laugh and luckily I’m doing that a lot these days so I’d say I’m in a good place. 

In my 20s I strove for balance in my life, it was almost an obsession, trying to get everything in sync, well now I actually think I’ve found it, it’s not what I thought it would be, it’s actually better which is a bonus.

Lots of people on a Monday are thinking, “Oh no it’s Monday”, not me, I’m thinking “hell yeah, let’s get this week started”, I enjoy every day, don’t get me wrong by Thursday night I’m shattered and ready for a day off, but there isn’t a day of my week I’d skip even if I could.

If you don’t feel like that about your life, ask yourself what needs to happen to get you there?

No comments: