Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 31 March 2012

It's good to take care of yourself...

31st March 2012

When any woman honours herself, all women collectively move closer to becoming what they are truly capable of being.

I woke up just before 7am this morning, yay a lie in, and I feel that I’ve finally got my body clock back into order after the clocks changing last week.  I had a very relaxed day yesterday once I’d been to the dentist and walked the dog.  Today I’m going to be more active, I’m off up town to get a copy of a receipt for my ipod that’s gone missing ;( hopefully my gadget insurance is going to replace it as the last place I had it was my handbag so it’s either been lost or stolen.  The latter thought makes me sad, but at the same time I’m not naive enough to think it doesn’t go on.

I actually finished a book this week, Christmas was the last time I did that, it was a good read too, Cheryl Richardson The Art of Extreme Self-Care: Transform Your Life One Month at a Time  It’s given me things to think about and work on, but it also made me realise that I’ve already done a great deal of the work over the last few years, I do take care of myself and my needs and it has made an amazing difference to my life.

One of the sentences in the book which gave me something to think about was this; you catch yourself saying things such as "I never have time to do what I want to do," what you're really saying is: "I don't take time for my needs."

So that’s my priority from now on, to take time for my needs, to find the time to do the things I want to do because I have been guilty lately of saying "I never have the time or energy  to do what I want to do."  Notice I’ve added the word ‘energy’ to that sentence, yep I’ve noticed when I have got the time at the weekends, I don’t seem to have the energy so that’s what I’m going to start working on and finding out why, is it my diet?  Do I need to move more? Or do I need to work less?  I’m not sure but I intend to find out.

If you find it tough to juggle the daily demands of living then you might enjoy reading this book, it’s an easy read too.

Anyways I’ve got a busy day planned till 1pm anyways ;), then I shall mostly be chilling again, I’ve also got my next book planned.  Enjoy your Saturday, hope the sun shines.

No comments: