Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 22 March 2012

Cooking on gas...


22nd March 2012

Do not think of your faults; still less of others' faults. Look for what is good and strong and try to imitate it. Your faults will drop off like dead leaves when their time comes. John Ruskin

Bit pleased with myself I was yesterday I ran 5 mile at lunchtime, it was not the easiest of things I’ve ever done and when I started running my legs felt like lead, as I got to the top of the lane an old man on a bike smiled and said “you sound like you’ve been a long way”, I couldn’t admit I’d only be running a few minutes!  The first ten minutes for me is always the hardest, I have to get my lungs realising they have to get sorted as we’re going for a run and I’m not stopping.  My plan had been to run 30 minutes even thought my training programme said 50 minutes, I didn’t think I’d be able to run that long, so told myself as at ten minutes in, go as long after 30 minutes as you can, then I realised if I kept going at 50 I could get the five mile in, so I did and it earned me 10pp which is a good job as I had a second glass of wine last night and an extra warbuton sandwich thin with ham on, so I ended the day on 46, I still have 25 weeklies and 34 activities earned, so it’s looking good.

Sat here feeling a bit tired and wishing I’d gone to bed rather than have the extra glass of wine!  Hey ho, a good brisk walk with Alfie and I’ll be as good as new.

I was thinking yesterday how many wonderful women I know or I’ve met that always put everyone else first, often to the detriment of themselves, which then makes them unhappy.  It’s such a shame that they seem to think its selfish taking care of themselves before others, when it isn’t it’s really, truly, necessary.  When you take care of yourself, everything else is easier to handle, I find when I’m in a good place and eating well and giving myself time to relax then I cope much better with the day to day necessary tasks.   When I’m not taking care of myself, I feel swamped by it all.

I’d cooked corned beef hash yesterday morning before I left for work, I was that organised and ahead of myself – I so wished I was like that all the time, had that energy and organisation.  I’m not though, I’ve come to terms and accepted myself and the fact I have a cycle, and strangely enough it is a monthly one to match the other cycle I have!  I go from being super organised to super hopeless at least once a month, but because I’ve acknowledged and accepted it, I always know what’s causing my hopelessness ;-) which makes me feel better!
My corned beef hash was delicious, the recipe is on my website, http://www.happyowls.co.uk/hash1.html I adapted the recipe a little so it ended up making 5 servings at 9pp each, I didn't bother with the fried egg but added diced carrots, pepper, celery and courgette to bulk it out and get me five a day in and it was really tasty, I’m going to have the rest for my tea today.  If a veggie wanted something similar instead of the corned beef they could add quorn mince with a bit of soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce. 

Still dark outside, it’s 5.30am, but I hear the clocks change this weekend which should rectify that and summer should be on its way – YAY!  I’m looking forward to running in the sunshine, hoping it will make it more enjoyable for me, speaking of which there’s still time to join us on the race for life at Walsall Arboretum on June 10th  https://raceforlife.cancerresearchuk.org/rfl/confirm_join_group.jsf?group_join=yes&groupNumber=BL3202

Come on, it’ll be fun, we can all go for lunch afterwards with the ProPoints we’ve earned. xx






No comments: