Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!

21st March 2012
If you don't want to do something, one excuse is as good as another. Yiddish Proverb

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!
Ever feel like that?  That’s how I felt yesterday morning, felt a little like it at the weekend too, but yesterday my mood hit its peak before disappearing and normality returning.  Why did I feel like that, I have no idea, I’m guessing hormones, lack of sleep, a crazy busy month, friends having problems, a combination of things added together to make me want to scream arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!
The upside to feeling like that, this week has been I haven’t used food/booze to calm my emotions, so that’s a bonus, I just acknowledged I was feeling cranky, felt it, dealt with it and now I’m calm again which feels even better.
I ended yesterday on 30pp, earned 5pp with my pedometer, got officially weighed at my meeting and was shocked to find out I’d lost 3lb, it really is good only getting weighed once a week, I was genuinely surprised at my loss and motivated to continue, so I went to bed last night feeling fantastic and believing I will be back at goal by summer.  My motivation and goal is to be able to run 10 miles in shorts and not feel self conscious of the shorts nor like I want to die from the ten mile.  I’ve took my measurements again this morning only this time measured my legs too.  Since I started my Journal on  16th December 2011 I’m on 1/2lb lighter, in that time my weight has obviously fluctuated but only by 3lb in that time, my hips are an inch smaller and my thighs ½ inch.  I’m happy with that because I’ve had Christmas, my holiday, my birthday, and 4 or 5 weekends away, so I’m rather pleased with that progress.  Now if I just tweak my diet I shouldn’t have much trouble getting where I want to be.  Having a reason and a goal is going to make the difference for sure.
My 12 week running plan that is going get me to ten mile has been spread out further than it should because I haven’t been able to go three times a week, so I’m on about week 4/5 now, but I have got through my crazy month so should be able to get running 3 times a week now, and the sunshine hopefully is on its way too which will make me want to get out there more.  I feel like I’m almost starting from scratch with my running, the 40 minutes I did on Monday was hard work, but I keep reminding myself last August, 1 minute was hard work, so even though I’ve taken a step or two back, I’m still a hundred steps in front of where I was when I started.  Ooo ten mile by August lastest, from 0 to 10m in a year isn’t a bad goal I reckon!
I’m making corned beef hash today, just checked to see if I had the ingredients whilst making my morning cuppa tea and I have, mmm I like that it’s one of my favourites and very easy.  Was thinking from a veggie point of view you could change the corned beef for quorn mince, it would still be tasty.  I’m going to add diced veggies to mine too, rather than just sweetcorn.  Ooo I’m hungry now!  Total Greek 0% yogurt for breakfast today on banana with a bit of honey mmm.  WOW ain’t food fabulous.
Yesterday I had a lovely ham & cheese salad for my tea for 4pp, which meant I could have a nice glass of red wine to finish off my day, lunch was Moroccan chicken tagine with couscous and roast vegetables.  None of these things kept me in the kitchen for very long!   You don’t have to spend hours there to eat well.
Anyway I’ve got a dog to walk and paperwork to do because I want to fit in a run later.
Have a wicked Wednesday – midweek already!

No comments: