Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 28 November 2011

missed you all!

28th November 2011

Nobody rises to low expectations. Calvin Lloyd

Back to reality with a bang!  It’s 5.20am and I’ve not long been up, didn’t manage to sleep on the flight home so went about 36 hours without sleep, managed 2 hours yesterday lunchtime and finally got to sleep around ten last night, hopefully I can get another early night tonight and sort myself out.

I had an absolutely amazing holiday and for those that are interested here are the links to the many photos!
(me very happy after getting my first glimpse of Central Park in the background)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150474455730862.418179.595730861&type=1&l=29e734420f
 
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150475506090862.418331.595730861&type=1&l=e461541eb4

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150474458825862.418183.595730861&type=1&l=9ad930ca78
 
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150474350505862.418158.595730861&type=1&l=71fc8204da
 
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150474212070862.418129.595730861&type=1&l=b418025ab6

So enough about the holiday, I’m back and it’s time to get down to business, I’ve had a quick squeaky peak on the scales this morning and it’s only looking like a one or two pound weight gain which I’m over the moon about, I’ll officially way this morning at the meeting but as I said in my blog yesterday (if you’re receiving this by email I have been blogging a little about my holiday whilst away you can read it here - http://wwbevsworld.blogspot.com/ ) it appears I have finally changed my behaviour around food. At one time if I'd gone to a buffet I would not have been able to stop thinking about food, at that Sunday brunch and the Thanksgiving meal I had no problem resisting and ignoring most of it. I've finally lost the "I've paid for it" attitude and I think I've improved my "I'm on my holiday" thought pattern. I didn't eat things just because they were there and I didn't eat just because it was a meal time. I was happy to sit with nothing when the girls had cake, I didn't do it because I was thinking about my weight - I did it because I didn't actually want cake!

Let’s hope this new thought pattern continues ;D

I struggled to get anything done yesterday, hadn’t slept for 36 hours so functioning wasn’t really high priority, all I ate all day was two slices of toast for brekkie followed two tins of soup with four slices of bread and low fat spread, I’m back on track from this morning 100%.

I’m still undecided whether to make today a Filling & Healthy (F&H) day or ProPoint, and if I ProPoint not sure if I’ll try 26 or stick with 29 – decisions, decisions.  I’ve no doubt you’ve all got lots of questions for me this week and I’ll do my best to answer them.

I was disappointed last night by a comment made on facebook about Cee Lo Green and his appearance on the tv (we saw him at the parade in New York and I’ve seen him interviewed many times, he’s a lovely man) and it annoyed me because it proves that racism and sexism isn’t okay but fatism tends to get overlooked!  I won’t repeat the posting but it had the words “fat Bxxxxxxx” in the sentence, if that posting had the work black before the second word there would have been an uproar but because it said ‘fat’ apparently it was implied as ‘criticism’ (their words not mine) I see that as an ‘insult’ not ‘critism’!   We all know how difficult it is to lose weight, it isn’t just a cut and dry process, and some people are actually happy being overweight and no one has the right to comment in a derogatory way about it. 

Facebook is used a lot to vent and insult others, it’s such a shame that people feel the need to be so negative - does it make others feel bigger to make someone feel smaller?  I’ve always been brought up to believe, “if you haven’t got something good to say – don’t say anything at all!”

On that note, I’m going to have a shower and get ready for my first meeting, I’m so looking forward to catching up with all my members, I hope you’ve all had a good week and if you haven’t we can sort it out.

xx

No comments: