Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 11 November 2011

Don't sweat the small stuff!

11th November 2011
You have a choice, stay stuck or do something about what you want.  Stop holding yourself back!
So it’s the 11-11-11 today, and of course it’s also Poppy day, each year the nation shows its support for The Royal British Legion's charity work through the Poppy Appeal, emphasising the need to help all generations of the Armed Forces and their families - today and for the rest of their lives.  Thanks to everyone in my meetings that have donated this year, hopefully the charity will top their target of £36 million for 2010 and reach £40 million this year.  Wear your poppy with pride.

I saw this posted on facebook last night and instantly I stopped fretting about getting everything done before I go away.  Usually I don’t worry, I just get it done or I don’t but the last few days I’ve been getting myself in a right flap, so much to do, so little time.  So now I’ve decided what gets done, gets done, what doesn’t well tough!  They have shops where I’m going so worse case I’ll but what I forget to pack.  This time next week I’ll be at the airport and I won’t care what I’ve forgotten will I ;-)

However before then I’ve got lots to try and do starting with this mornings paperwork, an area meeting tonight and a well looked forward to night at my mates tomorrow.

The diet is most definitely on delay for me, not going crazy just not really thinking about it, I’m glad to say my members aren’t in the same headspace, they are doing fabulously, another two to goal yesterday, Rita and Sara both looking fabulous, and so much weight loss this week, well over 600lb (43 stone), you’re all just amazing and I’m very proud.
I’m definitely being affected by the weather, I’m craving carbs like never before.  I probably haven’t had a jacket potato for a year until the last month and now I can’t get enough of them, so I’ve just been looking on Weight Watchers esource for more interesting topping than “I can’t believe it’s not butter”!

It’s still okay to eat carbs, being starchy carbohydrate foods, pasta and potatoes supply your body with slow-burning energy. When you eat them, they fuel your energy needs and help keep you feeling full for longer. Yet because they are basics in our diet, we tend to stick to the same old ways of serving them, so explore their versatility and enjoy them in these tasty ways, maybe try one of these toppings;
Aubergine, Mushroom and Tomato Bolognaise
Serves 4
Finely chop 1 medium aubergine, 1 onion, 2 garlic cloves and 175g mushrooms. Cook in a non-stick frying pan or wok sprayed with low fat cooking spray until softened. Add a 400g can of tomatoes and 2 tsp Italian mixed dried herbs. Cook over a low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring often, until reduced and thickened. Season, then use to fill jacket potatoes or spoon onto cooked spaghetti .
Creamy Baked Pasta or Potatoes
Serves 2
Beat together 100g low fat soft cheese, 150g low fat plain yogurt, 2 medium eggs, 200ml skimmed milk and 2 tbsp finely chopped chives or spring onions. Season. Cook 150g dried pasta shapes until tender, tip into 2 individual baking dishes and add the egg mixture. Bake at 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5 for 20-25 minutes, until set and golden. Try using 450g cooked sliced potatoes instead of pasta.
Tuna Pasta or Potato Salad
Serves 2
Mix together 200g tuna, 2 tbsp tomato puree, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tsp white wine vinegar. Add 6 chopped spring onions, 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, ¼ chopped cucumber and 10 halved cherry tomatoes. Add 300g cooked penne or 300g boiled new potatoes. Season, stir well and serve with salad leaves.
Greek Lemon & Thyme Topping
Serves 2
Mix 100g low fat soft cheese with 150g pot 0% fat Greek style yogurt. Add 4 finely chopped spring onions, 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme and 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest. Share between 2 x 225g baked potatoes or cook 150g dried pasta until tender and stir the cheese mixture through, adding 2 tbsp of the pasta cooking water.
Rosemary Roasted Vegetable Topper
Serves 2
Chop 1 red and 1 yellow pepper into large chunks. Slice 1 red onion into wedges. Thickly slice 1 courgette. Tip into a roasting pan and spray with low fat cooking spray. Add 2 rosemary sprigs. Roast at 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6 for 25-30 minutes, turning once. Stir in a few drops of Worcestershire sauce or mushroom ketchup and 2 tbsp tomato puree. Use as a topper for baked potatoes or cooked pasta.
Creamy Seafood and Shredded Leeks
Serves 2
Finely slice 1 large leek and cook in low fat cooking spray until soft and tender. Add 50g of cooked, peeled prawns, 25g cooked frozen peas and a 170g can of crab meat (drained). Add 4 tbsp very low fat fromage frais, season and stir gently Serve on top of cooked pasta or baked potatoes.
Okay I’ve got to get going, so much to do, so little time ;D






No comments: