Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 27 November 2011

There's no place like home

Saturday Morning 27th November NYC

Homeward bound - weather forecast is highs of 64 (18c) lows of 45 (7c) we've been so lucky with the weather warm and sunny everyday but one when it rained for a few hours and got cloudy. We've actually needed sunglasses some days - who'd have thought it.

Me and Lawrence (my new bear) are sat in the foyer of the Radisson waiting for our transfer and we are ready to go now. Waiting round is boring, our last meal was a Maccys cos we are skint! I think Katie's totally dollarless! Vicky and me ain't far behind I've got $40 should just about cover drinks at airport and tips. We've treated it like Monopoly money these last 9 days $72 for 3 cocktails is the most we've paid that's after they add tax & tips! That's roughly £16 for one cocktail - hell I only paid £17 at the Ritz when we were being posh one day. No wonder they give you so much alcohol in the glass ;->

I have to say I've had a ball but have no desire to return, so where next girls....

Back home in the UK Sunday morning.

I realised whilst thinking at the airport on the way home that I have finally changed my behaviour around food. At one time if I'd gone to abuffet I would not have been able to stop thinking about food, at that Sunday brunch and the Thanksgiving meal I had no problem resisting and ignoring most of it. I've finally lost the "I've paid for it" attitude and I think I've improved my "I'm on my holiday" thought pattern. I didn't eat things just because they were there and I didn't eat just because it was a meal time. I was happy to sit with nothing when the girls had cake, I didn't do it because I was thinking about my weight - I did it because I didn't actually want cake!

I went on holiday with the believe I would gain half a stone and the hope I would only gain 4lb, I've just got on the scales and I weigh only 3.5lb more, that'll be gone in days as I've not long got off a plane an my bodies all out of sync, so it's not a true weight I don't think.

The flight was only six hours on the way back, food rubbish again, I feel the need to feed and I haven't slept for about 24hrs so I'm gonna be tired later.

My Alfie almost ate me and mom said "oh I didn't think you were back till tonight, I was gonna tidy up later". There's no place like home...

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: