Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 16 November 2011

As long as you get there...

16th November 2011

Life where you're always doing something you love is art. - Leo Babauta –

To say I’m excited is a little bit of an understatement right now, only 2 more sleeps (and yes Romana you were right sleepings not coming easy, been up at 4am last two mornings!) and 8 more meetings before me and my girls are flying high ;-) yesterday we booked Sunday Brunch at the Waldorf Astoria – how very posh!  And I’m hoping today to be able to book a ball game at Madison Square Garden if the girls will let me.

Great weight losses in the meeting this week and another gorgeous member to goal, well done Sheila and Ann, you did fab.  Yesterday in my meeting one of my members wasn’t too happy at losing 2lb in her first two weeks of joining and it got me to thinking that if you’re eating healthy, managing to have a bit of what you fancy without feeling guilty and still losing weight, isn’t it better to do it a pound a week rather than go for some quick fix plan that makes you lose a stone in a month along with all your friends because not only can’t you go out for fear of not following the stupid diet but you’re so cranky from lack of food your friends don’t want to be around you anyway! 

I’m very fortunate to have a job I love and we regular have a giggle in my meetings, which is good because a laugh a day could help keep the doctor away. That's according to an overview of laughter studies (yes, they exist) in the Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine journal, which suggests a hearty chuckle is seriously good for you.

Apparently laughter triggers changes in the immune system, which could even stave off a cold (more reason to find something to giggle at this time of year)m  And there's more: everyone knows laughter cheers you up, but it's also been proven to help you cope with stress, reduce anxiety, dispel tension and act as an anti-depressant. That might be because it decreases stress hormones, and raises your pain threshold by producing feel-good endorphins. Laughing also tones core muscles - a mini-workout, if you like. Dr Mora-Ripoll's advice? 'Add laughter to each day, remember to laugh regularly, share your laughs and help others laugh.' Which, for me, translates into watching feel-good films, booking in time with my mates (we always have a giggle) and re-watching a good box set such as Friends. I plan on taking the doctor's advice.

Laughing is the last thing you want to do sometimes though when you get on the scales and they don’t say what you want them too, and I know it’s easy for me to say sitting here happy in my skin but my advice at those times is to think of all the positives.  You’re feeling healthier because you’re eating better, you look better because normally when you take care of yourself your skin improves and also as long as that weight is coming off over time you can live with a week of waiting.  Honestly it’s how I try to think now, although it wasn’t how I was in the past as a member, I was a nightmare, I had such high expectations and if I didn’t get them I’d think I had failed and this is what stopped me getting to my goal and staying there.   Beating yourself up or expecting too much is the quickest route to failure – trust me, I failed so many times before I decided to become happy with whatever.  I have six gold cards with different weights on to prove it!

And just in case you were wondering it’s 76hours to take off ;D YAY!!!












No comments: