Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 21 August 2011

Weight Loss unlikely this weekend...

21st August 2011

The best things in life aren't things.  Art Buchwald

The weekend so far has been fab Friday I was trusted with my mates two girls for a couple of hours. We went to crash, bang, wallop and it's so loud but eventually the noise just becomes background music! After a few hours we all went to the pub for food, four kids and three adults but it sounded like forty five when we were trying to order, I had a great day but it is so tiring entertaining kids and I take my hat off to all parents out there!

Yesterday I went for a spa day and me and Lynne sat round all day doing nothing but chatting, reading, snoozing and eating and it was fabulous. Her son asked her why she couldn't just read her book at home, how do you explain that to a nine year old?

Today we are off to Drayton Manor Park for a day of fun, 12 of us, can't wait, I haven't been to a theme park for a few years.

DIET and weight loss mmm not been a priority this weekend, my happiness and wellbeing has though and life's all about balance. It's important to take care of yourself and just as important to enjoy yourself.

I've realised over the years there's no such thing as a quick fix for anything in life, whether it be your weight or anything in your life. I accept that for the rest of my life I will need to watch what I eat because I have a tendency to overeat, and I happily accept that because I like being me. If a genie turned up tomorrow and told me he could make my weight stay at my chosen number forever but the condition would be I'd lose interest in food and only eat to fuel my body, I'd refuse because I love to eat, I love the pleasure of spending time with friends, enjoying a meal and a laugh. Unfortunately though when we have a really bad weight problem it's rarely about that kind of enjoyment of food, its more often a negative form of overeating that comes from being unhappy in some way. It's the eating we do behind closed doors, the hurried eating, the not even tasting it eating that leads to being unhappy and overweight.

These days I eat well not for weight loss but because I care about myself and my body and I want to be healthy and live as long as possible because I'm having a great time.

Its important to take care of yourself because you love yourself and your worth it.

Think about it if your house is left empty and no one takes care of it, it starts to decay. If you don't tend your garden - you get weeds! We're the same, if you don't look after yourself you don't last and you certainly don't smile much.

And I know lots of women feel guilty about spending time and money on themselves but they shouldn't, you're worth it. When you take care of yourself, look after your body, take some time out then you start to feel good and that filters through to every bit of your life. If you're happy and in a better frame of mind at home you'll be more chilled out with your kids and your partners. They'll love the new you!

So today why not try it, give yourself some attention - it's important, you need it and regularly top it up!

No comments: