Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Start all over again...

31st August 2011

Stumbling is not falling - Portuguese Proverb.
That quote was on the Weight Watchers facebook wall yesterday, followed by “What are your tips for re-focusing on the ProPoints plan?”  This week in meetings it’s all about going back to basics and that’s exactly what I did yesterday.  I invested in a new tracker book, took my measurements, worked out my 5% target and was thrilled because my goal is actually less than 5% away, so I’m hoping by the end of this tracker book, I’ll be maintaining my weight. 

I managed to lose the 5lb I’d gained the week before when I got weighed yesterday so I’m chuffed and back on track, I haven’t tracked the last week just been sensible so I was thrilled that I’d managed to get through the bank holiday without doing any damage.  It’s 3 weeks till I get weighed by my area manager so I’d like to do a few more pounds by then. 
I sat yesterday afternoon and picked out a couple of recipes from the new One Pot cookbook, going shopping later to get the ingredients for ‘layered potato bake’ and ‘cheesy spinach pudding’, I couldn’t make it yesterday was missing a couple of ingredients, plus I had leftovers from the weekend that needed eating. 

I’m halfway through my 0-5k 9 week programme, so am absolutely thrilled about that, I’m not very far with my cycling training though and it’s only a month away!  I need to get my behind on my bike or I’m going to suffer after doing a 25mile bike ride, I’m starting to wish Lynne hadn’t talked me into it ;D, but I’ll get a grip and get on it, at least the running is building my fitness levels.
Another member to goal yesterday, I’m just loving the success my members are having on the ProPoints plan, it’s fabulous to see so many get to goal. 

I read this in a magazine at the weekend and thought it worth sharing;
----
FIND FUN BEYOND FOOD
Food is addictive because it generates feel-good brain chemicals. The more calories, the bigger the buzz, when times are stressful, food and drink can become our main source of pleasure. Find something else that gives you a buzz: even simple things like a cuddle with someone you love or playing with the children. Plan activities to look forward to, so you don't look to food for your pleasure fix.
----
It’s true isn’t it, as soon as we have a bit of stress in our lives we head for the kitchen, if we feel miserable, we know a cake will cheer us up.  I’ve definitely benefited from getting myself more of a social life over the last few months, looking forward to my ladies that lunch Fridays, and even taking the kids out over this last 6 weeks has given me something other than food/drink to focus on.  I loved my life as it was but I have to admit having less time to vegetate on the sofa has definitely given me less time to think about food and getting active has given me more energy to be more social. 

So are you with me, are you going back to basics and heading toward goal? Xx








1 comment:

kath said...

funny you mentioned getting a new tracker. That is my plan for tomorrow. Sort of like a kid starting school with fresh notebooks, new pencils, and an I'm going to do it attitude.