Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 28 August 2011

Gutsy Smurf

27th August

I would rather regret the things I have done than the things I have not. Lucille Ball

Mmm opps did you spot my typo yesterday!  I missed the F out of ‘shift those pounds’, if only it was that easy ay, an extra trip to the toilet every day and lose a few pounds – never gonna happy so more activity and sensible eating it will be instead then. 

Spy kids film wasn't as bad as expected, I actually enjoyed it - popcorn and happy meals not helping the plan though but I only had a happy meal (because I wanted a gutsy smurf) rather than big mac meal and I happily left the popcorn - I'm getting better. Kids are so comical and clever, little Jen yesterday said to me, 'I think I know why you don't want children - because your stuck with them forever' this way you get to take us back. Wise child! Will (9yrs) on the other hand spent a car journey explaining the war to me and Jen and telling us we don't need to worry because we are safe here.


If you ask my mates, they’ll tell you I’m a bit of a big kid myself and that’s why their kids like me, I’m known as “Looney Longsden” and “Barmy Bev” by their kids, Friday they were singing a song about me which went, “Bev is bananas, B A N A N A S yes Bev is bananas…. You get the drift ;D but I can be a ‘responsible adult’ when I have to be and obviously just spending a short amount of time with kids means I’m able to give them my undivided attention which they love, heck isn’t it what we all love, we all want attention.  There’s nothing worse than being ignored, I experienced it myself yesterday, I was having a conversation with someone and I realised it was one sided, they were talking but not listening, I tested my theory by stopping my sentences midway a few times and he didn’t notice!  Very frustrating and it made me stop talking, not much point if no ones taking any notice is there.  Another thing that’s great for kids and also adults is PRAISE, the power of praise is phenomenal, and some suggest it’s the single best thing you can do for your child to build up their self-esteem, if they do something good – tell them.  I people watch and yesterday when the two I was looking after were playing in one of those soft play areas I was watching a kid desperately trying to get his mom or nans (not sure which she was) attention to show her something and she just kept ignoring him, his little face was mortified - attention and praise is what we all want and need.  Whether it’s a child being praised for their amazing drawing or a Weight Watcher member being praised for their weight loss, focusing on the positives and not on the negatives is definitely the way to go.  I tell everyone they’re amazing and gorgeous, I call people beautiful all the time because everyone I know IS all of those things.  So make today the day you observe, pay attention and praise those around you.

Today I had planned to do mostly nothing, but after just completing Day 1 of Week 4 of my running app which meant a total of 16 mins in the 30 mins after I’d already been out with Alfie for over 90 minutes, I feel energised, I’m going to paint the gate and clean my car, then I may tackle the ironing or if I’ve started to flag by then I’ll leave it till tomorrow, I'll see how I feel.

The weather doesn’t look too bad today so hopefully some of you will get to enjoy the bank holiday and get out and about. 

Whatever you’re doing – do it with a smile on your face and you’ll enjoy it so much more. xx


No comments: