Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 4 August 2011

Watch your mouth!

4th August 2011
In the long run the pessimist may be proved right, but the optimist has a better time on the trip. Daniel L. Reardon



What comes out of your mouth is just as important as what goes into your mouth!  I said that to a member Tuesday night and thought to myself, mmm I’ll remember that and use it again.

We’re all to quick to whine and moan, I stood in the post office yesterday listening to an old lady, she wasn’t doing what she’d call moaning, she was talking to me but every word she said was negative, not one positive comment came out of her mouth (Pam I don’t mean you, this was the first time I went over ;D)

Do just for today, watch your words, notice if you’re being positive or negative, and if it’s negative question how that’s helping your situation or if by being positive you’d feel better.  As I’ve already said I went to the Post Office twice yesterday, the second time because I forgot the book I needed the first time, at first I cursed because I was running late but then I thought at least I’m earning activity ProPoints walking over twice and I got to bump into someone I wouldn’t have maybe had the chance to see otherwise, so there’s always a positive slant on any situation.

As well as being negative, we’re all in a rush!  Members tell me, “I don’t have the time to …

… go to the stop and buy fresh fruits and vegetables.
… exercise.
… sit and relax.
… to be positive.

Really? Too busy to be positive? Surely, we can all spare a mere 30 seconds to do something positive for ourselves, can’t we? If thinking about what to do takes up too much of those 30 seconds, here are a few suggestions!


Breathe -
70% of waste is eliminated via your lungs! You can place your hand on your belly and feel it rise and fall with each breath cycle. Thirty seconds of breathing can do wonders!  It’s very calming too, especially if you are rushing.

Affirmations - Repeat one powerful affirmation over and over again for 30 seconds. If it’s a short affirmation, “I am living healthy,” you may be surprised to find how many times you can repeat “I am living healthy” in just 30 seconds.

Stretch – Have a good stretch, it’ll make you feel great, I do it every morning before I even get out of bed, I got the idea from Alfie, he does it and always looks like he’s enjoying it, so I copied him and yeah it feels good to stretch.

Smile - Smiling relaxes hundreds of muscles and releases pockets of stress and tension held in your face.  It’s hard to be miserable or negative when you’re smiling.

Drink – (Not booze) It’s so important to stay hydrated, your brain is approximately 75% water, and it’s the first place in the
body to lose water. Your brain needs water to think clearly. Drink a glass of water.  I’m going to right now to help me wake up.

Close your eyes - give yourself a real break and allow
your body a 30 second opportunity to re-balance itself. Close your eye, cup the palm of your hands over your ears and listen to the blissful sounds of the ocean playing. Just like when you were a kid and held that shell to your ear!

Dance – Put your music on and shake it up for 30 seconds. The ultimate energy boost!  Heck you’ll wanna go for longer than 30 seconds once you start.

STOP - Just sit and stare; perhaps out the window or at the ceiling. Just be sure to do nothing! Surely, we all have a few 30-second pockets of time during the day where we can take the time to just be. Start NOW!

And if you do have a bit longer, read my blog everyday to get you ready for face the day. Xx


Have a perfectly positive day, full of passion and play.  ;D xx

No comments: