Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 18 April 2023

Treat yourself Tuesday

Tuesday 18th April 2023
You're worth it.

I was looking for an image for todays blog and I spotted this on 'treat yourself Tuesday', I like this idea!  OH and no not to food, we don't need to be doing that do we ;) although if you were to treat yourself to a delicious healthy meal or snack, that would be different, treat yourself to spending some time in the kitchen cooking yourself a meal that would help your weight loss journey or taking the time to nourish yourself, that's different.  

I like the idea of treating yourself to an early night or some 'me time', I instantly thought new clothes so maybe I'm due a shopping trip, not today though busy day at huddles today, 3 on a Tuesday.  I treated myself to a massage yesterday teatime, she's really helped my sciatica so far and we're working on it more each time, it's not gonna be cured overnight, it's been bad for a year now.

Our hospital appointment too up the morning yesterday, wow it's a busy place, no parking at all, had to part off site and walk and then the ward was so hot, those poor nurses and doctors having to spend all that time in that heat, apparently it's either on or off, there are no settings.  Heating on full blast and all the windows open to try and cool it down, think of the cost there!  It was a good outpatients appointment, we are going to go back to how we were dealing with the issue before the Gem centre appointment made changes in March, he's been poorly since. 

I dropped him off at school, did a bit of food shopping, filled up with fuel and then came home for a rest, yeah I enjoyed an  hour in front of the tv, I still feel a bit tired, assuming its the after effects of Covid, but I've also realised this morning, I haven't been drinking much water the last week so I will get back to that and hopefully that will make a difference.

A simple chicken dinner was our meal of choice, I'd cooked the chicken on the morning so the rest took 5 minutes, microwave potato, frozen peas, frozen Yorkshires done in the actifry - happy days.

Just a normal day in the life of a step mom ay, I love it, he's a good kid, I like my uncomplicated (ish) life and no drama is just what I hope my life will be forever. 

What to eat today - that's the biggest question I have to answer, Gousto doesn't come till tomorrow!  I could defrost a couple of pieces of salmon, I bought it on offer at Tesco before Easter, mmm decisions, decisions, fish pie with a pastry top maybe...  I have a packet of puff pastry, some carrots, oh I've just remembered we bought chicken breasts so Aryn could have this kit that's in the cupboard, shwarm something or other, so maybe we'll have that as the chicken is already in the fridge.  Plus it might encourage him to get his appetite back properly.

Well Coco's just landed on my laptop so that's a sign to stop typing because he wants a fuss, so I'll say turrah. 

Enjoy your day your way, 

Mwah, luv ya

love me 





No comments: