Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 4 April 2023

Damn Pot Holes!

Tuesday 4th April 2023
We got this!  

Not the best day yesterday, the highlight for me was devouring a box of these beauties, 2 custard slices, they were amazing!

So I'd already had to cough out £75 excess for the windscreen to be replaced tomorrow, but my back passenger tyre had gone down overnight, I pumped it back up with a foot pump and took it to the garage to find it was no longer any good for this world and needed replacing.  


This was undoubtedly done by one of the hundreds of potholes I try to drive round these days, I'd already said I wanted to replace the boy racer low profile tyres on my car for something of substance when I could afford because they'd stand more chance over those potholes so we went for part worn and changed the four, you can't change them one at a time, it'd make the car crocked lol.

So that was my wages for the week gone, so much for treating myself, well I had enough left for the cakes and when I got home I sat and ate them like my life depended on it, I was starving and thirsty from being stood for ages.

The upside was it was a lovely day and I stood enjoying the sunshine whilst waiting, it could've been raining so bonus.

My Gousto box had arrived when I got home but I was shattered and in pain and I couldn't be bothered to start cooking from scratch, I had a tub of defrosted meat in the fridge from a joint we'd had, turned out it was pork, I thought it was lamb but hey ho, I through a jar of 68p curry sauce on it, the spinach that was going off, yeah I stood and took out the good leaves, I'm definitely turning into my mom!  We had it with frozen chips and tbh it was good enough, took me back to the good old days when mom couldn't cook and we ate that exact meal and I'd smoother it in ketchup.  

I went to lay on my bed and watch tele really early, I didn't fall asleep, it was just more comfortable to lie down.  I watched a couple more episodes of Night Agent, I'm enjoying it, but it's one I have to concentrate on, no playing on my phone at the same time which is probably a good thing. 

I've had a decent nights sleep, woke a couple of times but no getting up to wee ;) that probably means I didn't drink enough fluids yesterday if I'm honest, that busy telling Aryn to eat his 5 a day and drink some water than I'm forgetting to do it myself. 

Now the dates are good on my Gousto and I think the aubergine dish needs cooking quick but I think the boy will want the pepperoni pasta today as it was the one he mentioned when he was looking at what we've got this week.  It does look good though, here's the recipe Cheesy Pepperoni Pasta Bake | Gousto 

We may have cracked 3 windscreens this year and had other car troubles, plus other stuff but the one thing I kept saying to myself yesterday when I was thinking about the money was at least we have an house, I keep thinking about that lovely lady who's family home went up in flames because of a plug in hoover, 3 years they'd spent doing up that house, they were having the carpets put down the next day and everything gone, just like that!  Put's everything into perspective doesn't it.  If you can spare a couple of quid, here's the Justgiving link Crowdfunding to Help Donna Hodgetts and her family recover from a house fire. on JustGiving

Ready for my day, gonna go shower to wake up my body, especially as the heating isn't on and the light in the bathroom has gone so I'm off to have a shower in a dark, cold room - that's sound sad doesn't it.  The lights on it's way, it's lightening up outside so it's not pitch black.

Let's have a positive day, focus on the good stuff, I'll continue to pretend things like when Aryn asks, 'ar you going to be long', it's because he's worried about me or misses me, not because he's hungry and I've got his pancakes and strawberries in my car!  It's a good life really, I'm looking forward to the long bank holiday weekend, off to the seaside, a walk on the beach and the forecast does look promising.  

I get to go to a job I truly enjoy with a business partner who makes me laugh and is very, easy to work with, then amazing members.  

I've got a bloke who I can't fault, well I can but only silly, daft stuff that don't matter like we no longer know where any tools are because he just leaves em where he last used them or they're ornaments in the living room, but if that's his biggest fault, how lucky am I. 

Yeah, focus on the good stuff, I woke to the sound of birdsong, I've had a cracking cup of tea and I've got two cats running round like loonies making me smile.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: