Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 16 April 2023

Food is just so good!

Sunday 16th April 2023
Awake, blessed, grateful


It's been a long, poorly week in this house, all of us have been ill in one way or another, thankfully I'm fully recovered and Aryn is almost there, himself has worked through it, he's worked the weekend too poor love, 2 hours there and back yesterday and he left at 5 again this morning.  I'm going to spend the day doing things I enjoy, I'm going to slow down and enjoy every moment - it is Sunday after all.  There's a difference between not doing anything because you aren't well or don't have the energy to do anything and not doing things because you want to chill out and relax.  I'm going to enjoy the company of my family, even if one won't get back till later, me and Aryn watched half of the film Creed together yesterday, he rarely has the attention for an entire film in one sitting so I was blessed to get an hour, we had a chat too, he opens up quicker these days than he did when he first came to live here, it makes such a difference.  Finally I'm going to spend some time in the kitchen on my passion which is cooking, I'm going to cook the two Gousto recipes I have left and freeze some, yeah I'm going to have a productive, lazy day ;) I know that doesn't make sense but you get the gist. 

When he got back from work last night, I'd prepped our tea but I knew he wanted a pint so I agreed to an hour knowing it would only take 20 minutes to cook the doner and chips, I had a couple of glasses of wine and they went straight to my head because I hadn't eaten much since breakfast!  That's why the presentation of my plate isn't great, I was hungry and tiddly so it just went on the plate - it was delicious though.  Another Gousto success, what I liked about the lamb doner was there was panko breadcrumbs in it which would add some extra fibre to the meal and you didn't realise it was there once it was cooked.  Yeah it was banging, he sat eating it saying, 'you can do this again, it's really good' and it's the first 'proper' meal Aryn has eaten since Tuesday so I was a very, happy lady.


  


Here's the recipe link Lamb Doner, Chilli Sauce & Chips | Gousto or if you fancy 70% off your first box and 25% off for 2 months, here's the link cook.gousto.co.uk/raf/?promo_code=BEVER43868435&utm_source=weblink  You could lower the calories by using lower fat lamb mince, low fat mayo, to be honest it didn't need the pitta bread with the chips, or you could have the pitta without the chips.  Even as it is, it's still less calories than the same thing from the chip shop! 

It was so good to be back in the huddles yesterday, catching up with our members and getting back to real life.  We talked about fakeaways and takeaways, we all realised we are very similar in our characteristics and traits.  This weight loss lark ain't easy when there is so much temptation out there, we all have our favourites and when having takeaway they are very rarely low in calorie or low in cost so if we can find a quick, cheap fakeaway version = happy days. 

I was reminded of my chicken chow mein recipe which is on our website Blog/Recipes | Be Happy Owls along with quite a few other tasty, easy recipes. 

Right I'm off, I've got my energy back and I want to get stuff done.  Enjoy your day your way.

Mwah, luv ya

Love m x


No comments: