Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 28 May 2022

Looking forward to the weekend

Saturday 28th May 2022
You can if you think you can.

Weigh day and once again, it's not going to be good, I need to get my mojo back and start tracking and making the effort again.  My food yesterday was a chicken focaccia cob for breakfast cos the child left it the day before and I wasn't wasting good food!  lunch was a couple of pieces of chicken thighs in Caribbean jerk seasoning and a Snicker ice cream - I mean REALLY, then for dinner we had fish fingers, mash and spaghetti hoops  Actually that's not horrendous I guess but add a couple of glasses of wine and the rest of the weeks food decisions and there's plenty of room for improvement. 

Other than being a bit rubbish at losing weight this last few weeks, I'm happy as a pig in muck, don't get me wrong everything isn't rosy but we can handle anything that comes our way because we have each other and I wouldn't change that bit for the world and I know he wouldn't either.  It's a good place to be and I know I've said it before but it's truly not one I expected to be in, that's for sure.  

Moving away from the mushy :) I had smart meters fitted yesterday which will get me £50 off my UW bill - yay.  I've put it off this long because I didn't think they'd be able to get to them because of the cupboards under the stairs but bless the bloke, he said 'I'll have a go' and he managed .  Well the kettle costs 70p per hour, thankfully it only takes a couple of minutes to boil.  He was impressed that I only use 1p per hour normally, that's when things are on standby, Alexa, tv, fridge, freezer, scentsy warmer, that kind of thing, he said 'you can't get much better than that'.  I was soon told to shut up about how much everything was costing when it was turned on lol.  It is interesting though.  I'm waiting to see how much the tumble dryer uses, that's something I use a lot now that I didn't before.   I've already switched to LED light bulbs, the can use 15% less energy every year.  Here's a link to more tips Energy efficiency advice (uw.co.uk)  I'm glad I don't have a hot tub, they cost a fortune to heat, some are better than others but when I've done quotes for customers, that's the one thing that seems to take their energy usage up a lot.

I'm already up and showered and if I do say so myself, I smell lovely, because I got up earlier, I've used my body lotion and took an extra five minutes to pamper myself.  Looking forward to my weekend, here's hoping the sun shines.

Let's get this day started, see some of you soon,

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x



No comments: