Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 18 May 2022

Finger lickin good!

Wednesday 18th May 2022
keep going, keep going, keep going...


We're talking food in our huddles this week, I do love talking food, unfortunately sometimes it makes me want the foods we talk about, last week it was pie and can I add the steak pie I had was epic, plus it was worth 503 calories (Pukka pie).  Thankfully this week it's the healthier stuff we're talking about and it's good to see a few light bulbs go on in peoples heads when they have a realisation as you talk - I do love a nodding head!  

Now the last few days, Aryn and I have started watching Harry Potter films from the beginning and in the scenes where they are having a feast, there's always the most amazing looking dishes of corn on the cob, which I commented on.  

Apparently temptation is all around and affects us all because Aryn asked what we were having for tea after my corn on the cob comment, when I asked him what he was thinking, it turned out, corn on the cob had made him think of KFC, plus if you look at that photo the fried chicken is next to the corn in the scene also!  Tuesday's is 9 pieces for £5.99 offer, two large sides for an extra £2.50 so yeah you guessed it that's what we did, he had fries and gravy, I had corn on the cob.  The service was dreadful but only because the app was crap and the staff overworked then I couldn't get off the car park because someone had blocked both sides of the road whilst waiting to go through the drive thru - deep sigh.  The chicken was epic though I won't lie, I like the wings and the drumsticks, which are 175 calories for a wing piece and 170 calories for a drumstick, the corn on the cob is 170 for 2 cobs.  Just for info a thigh pieces is 285 calories and the breast (Keel) is 265 calories so at least I opted for the smaller pieces and he's got 3 pieces left for him to eat cold lunchtime today.

I had trout at lunchtime with the last few spoonfuls of lentil dhal and that was me foodwise, oh 2 slices of toast for breakfast from a 400g wholemeal loaf.  

I need more veggies and salad in my diet again, I've got frozen and tinned stuff I can use, I also want to make a tuna pasta salad, that'll be perfect for tomorrow when I have my busy day so I've got no thinking, I'll make it ready today I think so I have no excuses! 

I have a bag of onions I need to do something with, I bought them to make a stew but then changed my mind, I might chop and slice them, then freeze them so they're ready for when I need some, the other option is to go buy beef and I don't really want to do that as I have a freezer full of food.

That's enough food talk, I need another cuppa followed by a shower, busy morning, huddle at Wimborne Road, followed by a visit from one of the school inclusion team coming to see Aryn.  Aryn and I did a couple of hours school work yesterday, we're using the books he had in Ireland, I'm thinking English and Maths is the same whatever country your in, plus he read for 20 minutes, he's agreed to do that daily under duress lol. 

Have a great day, we're halfway through the week - don't they fly by these weeks!

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: