Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 17 April 2020

The Juggle is Real!

Friday 17th April 2020 
The trick to juggling is determining which balls are made of rubber and which are made of glass! 
Yesterday was NOT a good day!  There I said it, if I said any different, I'd have been lying, it was a bloody dreadful day!  The only positive was I told myself it was only a bad day not a bad life and that tomorrow would be a fresh day.  

I"m used to juggling all the different aspects of my life, used to putting my moms needs above my own and trying to do what's best for my members but yesterday I felt like I was trying to juggle sand!  

I don't know if other people are having moments where they're trying to sort out a problem or deal with a situation and not everything right now is about Covid-19 but then I find myself thinking I should feel guilty because I'm angry or annoyed or frustrated or concerned about something that isn't Covid-19 related - does that make sense!  I'm alive and my loved ones are alive and that should make me grateful but then my mom turns into a complete nightmare not just for an hour, for the entire day and I start questioning how I'm living my life, how I prioritise my time for my mom, my members and well like I said yesterday was a really bad day which only stopped being one when we went to bed.  I'm hoping she's better today and as I don't usually work on a Friday, I'm having a complete day off from work too!  I have a virtual workshop tomorrow morning at 9.45 (I'll be on there from 9.15 for member who want a wellness check-in) so yeah I'm having my day off. 

My food choices were at least good ones, even if a little high on points, I've decided my wonder pan from the WW online shop is going to be kept solely for my eggs because anything that makes eggs look this good should be kept just for that occasion lol. 



yeah these are tandoori chicken thighs but meh, I shared them with Alfie so limited the points.  That big pile of stuff is a big chunk of diced cucumber with the leftover natural yogurt and a spoon of mint sauce.  

Today I will be enjoying fish by because today is it's use by day and that's how things are being eaten at the moment, by use by day. 

I liked this post I saw yesterday on Facebook, and I can say I'm guilty of all 3 and the last one.....


There are 2 types of people:  well I'm no quitter, as difficult as all this is right now, I'm not quitting, I'm actually going to try and get on a virtual workshop this morning as a member and get a bit of support myself, some motivation, have 30 minutes where I only think about ME, I've even noticed that on my virtuals, members are multi tasking, they don't do that when they go to an in-person workshop, they don't bring stuff with them to do whilst sitting listening to the talk!

We're all so distracted by stuff but we need to stop and take a breathe, focus on ourselves a little too.  Talking helps too, I had a good chat with a friend on the phone yesterday, we both were thinking similar thoughts so sharing them with each other really helped.  I may not live alone but sometimes I think that would be easier because you can't have a deep and meaningful conversation in this house anymore, not unless I want to talk about how her mom or my dad died, they're 2 of her favourite conversations, oh and they change every time she tells the story!

This lot has made me realise I could be a stay at home carer though, of course lockdown is making it more difficult because I can't leave the house or have my sister in for a little respite, but if I can do this 24/7 and work from home too, being a stay at home carer would be a piece of cake, a poor, fat one lol but yeah my head could cope.

I'm not going to commit to doing anything today, because I've realised what I do manage to get done very much depends on my moms behaviour and yesterday I was disappointed that I didn't get to make my chicken hot pot.  My food plan going forward is to make a list of meals I would like to cook and then depending on her moods and behaviour, I can choose one of them to make, on difficult days it'll be something simple so I don't have to be out of the room as long, on better days I'll be able to spend a little more time in the kitchen.  I wanted to paint some fence panels after my virtual workshop on the morning where we talked a bit about exercise but there was no way in hell I could've gone outside and done that yesterday so again I was disappointed about that.  This is a cheery little blog today isn't it!

Seriously though, I'm okay yesterday did me good, it made me appreciate the fact I've had a few good weeks of mom, she's had wobbles but overall since lockdown started she's been much easier to handle.  I had a lot of realisations yesterday, again which have given me a lot to consider and think about.

And to say I drank too much last night, my bad head isn't as bad as it could be!  Bonus ;)  I'm really hoping Alfie fancies a proper walk this morning and if he doesn't I might throw him back in the house and go for a walk myself if moms good this morning.

That's my first big glass of water drunk, I'm going to have a very good food day today, I'm going to track it and track some activity to get those wins because WW are matching donations of Wins right now and I'm getting closer to my 1500 wins and I'll be donating them as soon as I can.

I love this;
Here at WW, we have expanded our mission to help communities who may be struggling during this time. With the help of the Trussell Trust, we are putting our WellnessWins™ reward programme towards a greater good, WW Good. 

From April 16th to June 15th, members can donate their Wins towards our three, new charitable tiers: 

1,500 Wins = Helps to provide 3 days of emergency food
2,500 Wins = Supports food bank volunteers on the front line
4,000 Wins = Helps provide advice to people in crisis

WW will also match donations up to an additional one million dollars in contributions, so together our total gift becomes two million dollars.

We’re coming together not only as a community, but as a WW family to help others as it is a human right to have access to not only healthy food, but overall wellness. If you’re feeling inspired to do more, earn more, and give more, join our Healthy Giving Challenge today. #WWHealthyGiving




There's always someone worse off and I do feel blessed to be able to cope with my life, and

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!

Because if I believe that, I'm more likely to achieve it, I hope you have a great day too. x

Mwah, luv ya


Love me x




No comments: