Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 18 April 2020

Fixing my broken windows!

Saturday 18th April 2020 
Fall down seven times, stand up eight!



So despite mom still being difficult yesterday and my car refusing to start when I had to go get the dogs medication, I managed to have a positive day. Yeah I'd decided I was going to be a member and log onto the virtual workshop at 9.30, the plan had been to watch it whilst I was out at the vets - two birds one stone and all that, but the car wouldn't start, thankfully there was a hero walking past at the time and he offered to go get his jump leads and we did a social distancing jump start, I've ordered me some as I'm guessing this is likely to happen again with me not going out.  

By the time he'd got me started and I'd got to the vets, I'd missed most of the workshop, never mind I thought, but the truth was the ten minutes of it I did listen too helped, so I wanted another one, luckily for me she was on again at 1, I just needed to find a way to make that work with mom, so I timed it with a dog walk and I'm so very glad I did.   It really, really helped me stop and think about me and what I needed for half hour. 

Now she talked about the broken window theory (worth a google if you're bored) in a nutshell, the "broken windows" referred to in the theory’s name is the idea that where there is one broken window left unreplaced there will be many.  She was using it to get us to think about where our broken windows were on our WW journey, it's that slippery slope, where letting a small thing or behaviour slide it's going to lead to bigger issues over time.  So if you've been sleeping in later because you don't have to get up for work, you maybe are staying up later which is when you tend to snack or drink more, thus using way more points than you'd planned. 

If we identify our own 'broken windows' and focus on fixing one or two of them it'll help us get back on track.  Just listening to the coach was helping me process some of my thoughts which weren't helping me at all and also some of my behaviours, but mostly my thoughts were causing the most damage.  

A lady named Nicky asked how members are motivating themselves to exercise at the moment and straight away my thoughts were, "I can't bloody exercise because I can't get out to walk, if I try to leave the room to go do any, it usually sets mom off" blah blah blah.  But the coach asked her how could she fix that 'window' in other words what could she do to motivate herself to get active.  Well thank you Nicky because she solved my problems, so took my thoughts, rolled them up in a ball and threw them in the nearest trash can without even realising she was doing it.  She replied by saying, 'when the dog wakes me up in the morning to go out, I'll get up and do some exercise, because I've been at home, I've been going back to bed'.  BOOM, there was my solution, I needed to get up before mom does and do something then.  Yes it's going to be at stupid o'clock in the morning but so what, I have the rest of the day to relax with mom, I can do my exercise before I write my blog, this blog can wait! Plus I can do this when moms awake.  It's not just the coach that's important in a workshop, it's the members too because we share ideas with each other!

I had set my alarm for 5 this morning to make sure I got up but turns out my mind decided it wanted to wake up at half 2 this morning - yes, really!  I lay there for half hour trying to go back but it wasn't happening so at 3 o'clock this morning I was doing Yoga for beginners with Adrienne on You Tube in the living room lol, I followed it with The Happy Mile, which I'd also heard about on the Virtual Workshop yesterday, loved the yoga, not so much the happy mile because it got interrupted 5 minutes in with an advert then it completely froze after 10 minutes so I gave up!  But I'll do something again tomorrow, I need to do easy stuff to start because I'm not fit at the moment and my ankle still hurts actually my other foot has started to hurt too, it's the bones, ouch, my bones hurt these days which is another reason I need to do something and start fixing those broken windows!

Where are the cracks showing in your WW journey?  What can you do this week to start to fix those broken windows and get you back on track and in the zone.  

I know if I start my day with positivity, it'll set me up for the day, I know when I drink that first pint of water in a morning, that does something to my mindset that encourages me to make better choices throughout the day.  I'm going to make my chicken hotpot today, I'm really looking forward to eating that later, the fish pie I had yesterday was very bland, I wouldn't buy that again, but I will make my own next week, I'm going to put it on my 'to eat' list.  I have fish in the freezer and potatoes so that's a definite. 



I'm hoping my members make the time to attend a virtual workshop next week, I know I will definitely be returning to mine, I loved it and I can't wait to go back and tell them that I set my alarm every day to do some yoga.  I like the yoga because it's also calming which is what I need right now, to calm my mind to help me cope with mom.  

I'm definitely going to have a good day today, I feel much better having took some time for myself.  I hope you have a good day too. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x

No comments: