Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 9 April 2020

Keep staying safe!

Thursday 9th April 2020
Be You - you are amazing!


Another day in lockdown, at least I get to see some of my members today, I'm co-hosting not the 8.30 and 10.30 virtual workshops in the Wolverhampton and the Dudley & Walsall Connect groups, looking forward to that.

Yesterday I ate the last very high pointed ready meal from the fridge, cost me 21SP!  I've always been a massive fan of their chicken tikka masala, but that's the last time I have one because they've changed it and it doesn't taste the same anymore, why mess with what worked!


This is how excited I got over a cauliflower being dropped at my door!  I really enjoyed my cauliflower rice with a bit of garlic and spray light roasted in the oven, so good and so easy.  I have one of these


 they're only small, it's a Kenwood mini chopper and is really easy to clean, it saves getting the food processor out, or using the grater.

For breakfast I tried to keep my points down by weighing some wafer thin ham instead of bacon


Love my WW scales, they make sure I get more for my points!  This was delicious and kept me going for a good few hours.


I also finally finished off this baby blanket, not a pattern I'd want to do again, but it's already found a home, might be able to drop it off whilst walking the dog as she doesn't live that far away but we'll get it there at some point.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't have a fab within points day, I ate 3 Garibaldi biscuits and 2 Nice ones, moms got biscuits everywhere, when I'm flagging it's just so tempting.  But today's a new day, I have some Salmon in the fridge that's been defrosting overnight so I can have lots of zero heroes today to help me limit any damage.  I'm thinking courgetti or cauliflower rice as I managed to get my hands on both yesterday, it's madness isn't it, being thrilled at fresh food.

With so much that we can't do right now, it's a great time to focus on what you can do and to really enjoy the experience.  Today I challenge you to really appreciate something that you do often, possibly every day, like eating a meal, having a shower, going for a walk or any experience that you enjoy doing, really pay attention and appreciate it.   You might enjoy sitting up the garden and with the sunshine the last few days it's lovely to sit and listen to the sound of the birds, look up at the clouds in the sky, notice anything that might normally escape your attention.  Maybe take some photos of your garden or things on your walk so you can look again later and appreciate it again.  I'm going to focus on and enjoy cooking my dinner instead of multitasking loads.  

Yay, my WW online shop order is on it's way, so glad, I've treated myself to one of their frying pans which I badly need, my eggs are started to stick to the non-stick pan I've favoured since I bought it, which was a few years ago I think.  Plus those new products to try, some nice new treats for the weekend hopefully they'll be here by then, oh and that cookbook, I want to get my hands on that cookbook!

Hoping to see a lot of my members this morning, looks like it's going to be another lovely day, I hope you're all surviving being in Lockdown, I know it isn't easy, heck there's just me and mom and so I feel your pain, it's so tempting to bend the rules I guess but now more than ever we mustn't as the numbers go up.  Bless mom she when and sat on the front door step when I went to take the dog for a walk yesterday, even she's missing human interaction and she only ever really saw my sister other than me, just goes to show, we all need each other.

Here's to a great day, take care of you because you're important too.

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: