Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 27 April 2020

Starting my week feeling good.

Monday 27th April 2020
Your journey might be rough at times but you're still moving in the right direction.


Well it's 7am, I've already done my 40 minutes yoga for beginners, it was a different one this morning, Yoga for beginners - the basics still with Adriene just a longer video than I have been doing, I'm really enjoying it, I took my mat downstairs and did it in the kitchen, there's a bit more room there than by the side of my bed.  I'm going to leave the mat down and if I get chance throughout the day, do the odd yoga pose, she has individual videos, she even has 18 under 10 minute yoga practices for busy people - I love that.  I'm not that busy but I might be able to do one of them before mom realises I'm missing lol.  I do have a busy morning though. 

Oh I know I said I was going to start weighing on a Friday but I couldn't resist getting on the scales, it's Monday, it's just normal for me and I couldn't resist.  I feel I need to get on to stop me being a silly sod and thinking I'm gonna get away with doing stuff.  Anyway, I was bang on 13 stone, which I'm really pleased with.  That means I've lost 4.5lb since last Monday, absolutely thrilled with that, yes I'd gained that same 4.5lb since March 17th but at least I've got rid of it again - phew!  I've officially lost my lockdown gain, so now to keep it off and hopefully add to the total.  

Yesterday I enjoyed a roast dinner, I'd got parsnips because on Blue they're zero, but on green they ain't!  Another benefit for me to do Blue, yeah I'm realising I make wiser choices on blue, I opt for the salmon and the chicken and the eggs and the parsnips and pease, all good grub, on green I'm thinking about pork and beef and other potatoes and more potatoes oh and then some more, which is also the reason I don't do Purple.  I'll carry on doing green just because I started it and I'm curious but I'm well over on my week anyway.  It's all good, I'm doing what I can with what I've got right now, focusing on those little changes and the Yoga is a biggy for me.  



As I said busy morning, got to sort my online shop, plan my workshops for the week ahead, walk the dog, okay so it's not really that busy is it, but it's making me feel like I actually have something to do.   I'm focusing my brain towards the positive and being good busy is a positive thing. 

We all agree that a positive is better than negative mind, but I'm guessing so many of you right now are thinking MEH its not so easy to be positive with everything that's going on and I'm not gonna argue with you.  I'm creating my new norm and part of that is not watching the news at all!  I know that's not changing anything but hey, once a day, I have a quick look on the BBC in the hope things are improving.  Mom reads the paper to me, well actually she zones in on one or two articles usually and reads them over and over again to me!  Yesterday was Kim Jong-un and whether he's dead or not and something about Greek kids, and I just zone out lol.  

The truth is focusing on the positive is helping me handle all that's going on in my life, I need to be optimistic about the future and research shows that people with a positive outlook live longer, healthier lives than pessimists, so there's another good reason.  Yeah today I choose to be positive. 

I'm looking forward to my day, actually I'm looking forward to my week.  I don't know if it's the yoga or just my hormones have settled but I feel a lot calmer, my emotions have balanced out and even when mom started to kick off the last few days, I've handled it, so yeah yoga is the future, if I can do it for a month without having my usual monthly meltdown thanks to my emotions, the full moon, my hormones whatever it is that causes the changes in my mood then I'll know for sure it's working.  I'm on day 10 so that's a third of the way through the month and I know I'm doing virtual workshops till the end of May so that's another month of being able to find the hour each morning without having to get up at 4am but maybe I'll love it so much when we go back to in-person workshops that I'll be happy to set my alarm for that time.  Now I would love that!  

Anyways, I need to get on with my day, this has took 45 minutes to write because I sorted mom and had a chat with my sister on the garden as she dropped off moms paper - wonder what story she's share today! 

My virtual workshops this week are; 

Tuesday 8.30am, Wednesday 5.30pm & Saturday 9.45am in the Wolverhampton Connect group.

Thursday 8.30am (& I'm supporting Hayley at 10.30am) in the Dudley & Walsall Connect group.  

If you're not a member at the moment but are considering it and want to see what a virtual workshop is all about there's some happening this week as we have an Open House .  https://bit.ly/WWOpenHouse2020 is the link; 



Today believe in yourself, you can do this, you deserve to be healthy and happy, you are worth the effort it takes to achieve your goals - remind yourself of this as often as you need to.  You're already successful because you took the step to become a WW member and decided to make you a priority!

Mwah, luv ya

Love me xx

No comments: