Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 10 October 2013

Aren't we FABULOUS!

10th October 2013
Surround yourself with people who encourage you to believe in your dreams.
Sleeping like a baby this week and not wanting to get up again this morning, I’m ok once I’m up and moving but that first half hour – not good ;) sat drinking a pint of water to try and wake me up.
I treated myself to a couple of new frying pans yesterday, hopefully they should arrive today or tomorrow, they are the same make as the ones we used Monday which were great and she recommended, plus they’re not overly pricey which is also good of course.   One of the things I realised Monday is we cook and buy way too much food.  The wok we used to make a veggie curry for two was only small in comparison to the wok I bought a few years ago!  Why do I need a huge wok if I only ever feed two people?  Mmm, think about it, why do I buy all that food if there are only ever two of us eating it!  I think we’re all guilty of buying too much food then we realise it’s not going to last too long so we end up eating more.  http://www.lovefoodhatewaste.com/ is a great website for ideas of using up stuff.
Yesterday I posted on my Facebook group that it appeared a few of them were struggling so I asked them to comment a few of the healthy & happy choices/decisions they made that day that they knew  would ultimately help them on their weight loss journey.  This is something that you could do to help you when you’re struggling, grab a little note pad and every time you make a good choice that’s helping towards your end goal of healthy and happy, write it down so that you realise despite the fact you may not be 100% on track you are making wise food choices and doing things to take care of you.  It can be anything from walking to the supermarket to get your veggies, to having porridge for breakfast, or instead of having a pumpkin latte in Starbucks having a black coffee with a squirt of pumpkin syrup and saving yourself 2 or 3pp.  Maybe you resisted a reduced cake in the supermarket when you were feeling a bit down, or resisted the biscuits/cakes at work.  You might have made a big pan of home made veggie soup to ward of hunger or gone for a walk with the dogs.  All of these things are of benefit; all these things are part of being healthy & happy, Eating Gorgeous and realising you are already BeYouTiful and taking care of you counts.
It’s not about grand gestures remember, it’s about sustainability.
It’s not about playing the system so you can have ‘MORE’ food or make a F&H dessert which won’t cost you any ProPoints on a filling & healthy day even though you know a pudding should be a treat and you’d have to ProPoint it on any other day!  No it’s not about changing how you eat in some weird way to get more in the hope that you’ll still lose!
You shouldn’t make any changes today that you wouldn’t be willing to continue doing forever, if you don’t enjoy it, find it easy(ish) to do then you won’t do it long term.
I love vegetarian food but I know I’m not willing to be a vegetarian because I also love meat, even the promise of a longer life and a slimmer body couldn’t sell vegetarianism to me at this point in my life.  I realised last night that because I’d done that Indian cookery day on Monday, all I’d eaten all week was vegetarian food; I was craving something meaty by last night, so I threw in a few chorizo meatballs with my leftover curry last night J
A cup of caffeine and I’ll be ready to go I think, might go for coffee this morning for a change and I’m feeling a big bowl of porridge too I think, start my day as I mean to go on, taking care of me.
Looking forward to seeing my Thursday gang at Bloxwich, do love my job I do, I’m blessed to have met so many amazing people and lucky to have so many wonderful ladies help me out each week in my meetings so that I can do my job well, my girls are an amazing bunch and we do share some giggles, we really do. X
Right time to get ready for work, hopefully the sun will rise soon!
Have a great day, EatGorgeous & BeYOUtiful. xx
 
 
 

No comments: