Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 4 May 2012

May the fourth be with you ;-)

4th May 2012
You are not fully dressed until you wear a smile.
Was pleased I got through yesterday without going crazy with the food, I’m always hungry on a Thursday but I stayed on track, finished with some weeklies in place for today ;)
I’ve really enjoyed work this week, I enjoy it all the time but this week a lot of members having realisations of the tracking thing, how we all kinda do it sometimes but not 100%.
Last night as I was getting ready for bed looking for my Pjs I looked at myself naked in a full length mirror, 20 years ago even though my body was firmer I wouldn’t have liked my reflection. Any my body really has chanced and that’s partly because I’m 42 and it’s older and partly because I’m not willing to put in the gym hours and diet as strictly as I once did.  I’m too busy doing other things, like helping people find a happy balance in their lives so they’re comfortable with who they are too and of course I’m also having fun.  I joke that I can either blow dry my hair every day or I can walk my dog.  I can be at work on time after a run, or miss the run and beautify myself!  I can’t do it all, there are only so many hours in the day and I’ve made choices and decided what’s important to me and if those choices mean I’m a little heavier on the scales and I tie my hair up most of the time, well that works for me because my life gets better everyday.  I’m way happier at 42 than I ever was at 22, at 22 I was so obsessed with my appearance and the shape of my body to the point where I forgot I was supposed to be having a fun time too!
Yeah life’s good, I eat healthily 95% of the time, I run when I can fit it in, I walk the dog daily, I have a job I enjoy doing every day.  I never get up in the morning and think “oh no it’s…….” whatever day it may be, because I enjoy them all.
So last night when I looked at my 42 year old naked body and it’s different shape, it’s a little softer and rounder than 20 years ago, I smiled because it’s a happy body with a happy mind attached. 
Do I ever think otherwise, of course I do, I’ll have the odd, “OH my gosh, I’m fat & I need to lose weight and get fitter” moments, but they don’t last!  They usually appear after I see an ex I haven’t seen for 10 years or an old school friend, these people remind me of my past so instantly I think about how I looked then, but then I remind myself I’m older now and I look at photos and see that I didn’t look better back then just slimmer and I know I wasn’t happier then so I soon get back to being a happy owl as I like to call it. (happy Over Weight Lady).
On that note, I’ve got loads to do because later I’m going to use every remaining weekly and activity ProPoint I have left to go get myself a bit giggly drunk with my besties and my brother, me and Lynne haven’t been out since 23rd March so we missed out on the month of April! 
YAY bring on the day I can’t wait for it to begin. 
May the Fourth be with ya – get it ;-) only get to use that joke once a year. x

No comments: