Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 10 August 2021

No rush, but get started!

Tuesday 10th August 2021
It's not about having time, it's about making time.

If only it was that easy ay!  Well life isn't a series of quotes, but they do have their place as reminders and things to make us think about.  I got my journal out yesterday and enjoyed doing a bit of colouring in, I did my measurements and filled it what I'd like to achieve, I wrote; 

'Consistency! I'd love to be 12st something but I'd settle for losing half stone'.  

I know I'm not going to lose weight quickly because I'm not willing to cut back on that many calories, I like to eat and drink red wine and that's not about to change, plus I know I can do it for a short time but I want to make long term realistic changes, which I've been doing.  

I did the meat free Monday again, I was hungry again so not sure if it's the meat free thing making me Monday hungry, because usually I don't even think much about food on a Monday usually, maybe next week, I'll do a different day, see if it makes a difference, or just include more veggie food overall without having the 'you can't have meat today' thing which is probably what's making me want it!  

My day in food looked like this; 

I'd bought these cobs Sunday when I went for the black pudding, they were reduced, but this cost me 282 calories!  The cobs were 207 calories each, I could have almost 4 slices of the brown bread I buy for that, think that would be my preference, unless I could maybe slice these in half again - might try that today! 

 

I love this cauliflower cheese but I only buy it when it's on offer as I think £2.75 is a bit steep!  Having it on roasted butternut squash helped to fill me up, I sat in the garden and ate it, managed to get half hour out their before it rained.  


Now wraps, in my opinion they're just not worth the calories, these were mini ones, 93 calories each, but even the big ones are heading towards 200 calories and I could eat two of them, I could have a decent meal for 400 calories! 

The chicken free strips were impressive, although again for the calories - 288 for 4, it's a lot, there's 8 in the box, but the nutritional information says a portion is 3, that really annoys me too, because that meals there is 2 and 2/3rds of a portion in the box - WHY!  £2.50 a box, I bought them because they were half price £1.25, again wouldn't pay full price, not sure I'd buy them again even reduced purely because I could've eaten the box!  


I did partake in my red wine yesterday, let's just take that as a given most days, I was celebrating :) I have to have yearly blood tests because of my medication for my epilepsy (thankfully they've worked since I was about 11!) and it'd been 18 months since my last so I was concerned, not gonna lie because it's to check your liver function, well thankfully all my results were clear so I live to drink another day!

Alfie and I had two walks yesterday, the first one round the estate, but then we drove to Northycote farm and enjoyed a walk over there, I let him stop and enjoy all the smells and take his time, we watched 3 little kids with their mom jumping in puddles, having the time of their lives.  I also spent an hour or so cleaning the house, so my Fitbit was impressed with 90 active minutes and 12,401 steps. 

Consistency, that's what I'm aiming for, I've got plenty of food to go at in the kitchen so no shopping being delivered this week and hopefully next.  I fancy cod roe today, I'll cook some cabbage and mash with it I think.  I'm not wasting those cobs either so maybe a scrambled egg cob for breakfast, although it's weigh day, do I eat before.  Yeah, I know the results aren't going to be pretty so I'll take it on the chin and at least I can have breakfast every week because having toast at the huddle gives me heartburn most of the time.  

Let's end on another of those quotes, this one is only true if you spend the next 3 months doing things to get you healthier, if you take time to help yourself.  Don't get me started on having time, I used that excuse for far too long, I can still use that excuse but it's not true.  If you think you haven't got time, keep a time log for a week and see where you could cut out certain things, how much time you spend on Facebook, watching tele, it doesn't take a lot of time to cook healthy meals, actually it takes as long to cook crap as it does to cook healthy, so today, let's cook healthy. 


Oh and go drink a glass of water!  Bossy this morning ain't I!  Why not go one step further and have an early night too, you can't have the munchies if you're asleep. 

Mwah, luv ya 


Love me xx


No comments: