Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Tuesday 31 August 2021

Let's get this day started

Tuesday 31st August 2021
You are going to want to give up - DON'T!
I had a full on PJ day yesterday, other than walk the dog for an hour of which only 23 minutes registered as active :) I did nothing, didn't even hit 6k steps and I loved it, I was in full on rest day mode, went to bed early too, and slept for eight and a half hours, I woke up just after midnight, feeling like it was morning and when I saw the time I was so pleased to know I could go back to sleep.  From 3 I've woke every half hour and loved that I could snuggle back down to snooze, having silly dreams.  

It would've been so easy to not exercise this morning, my knees borderline, I was all chilled and well, you know how that story goes...  Instead I turned the tele on whilst I had a few swigs of tea, then looked for an easy video and found this one, thinking it's got chairs, it's for everybody, it's only 25 minutes, it'll be easy!  Well I did it standing up and started slowly, but it did it's job, got my heart going, made me sweat and reminded me that I'm loving the after effects I'm getting from doing these workouts.  It's true that saying 'the only bad workout is the one you didn't do'.  


I'm showered and ready for my day now, got overnight oats with an apple diced in it and vanilla yogurt waiting to be eaten and my weekly Tuesday morning Covid test was negative thankfully.   All is good in my world and Alfie seems to like being a lazy boy too, he'll soon wake up when he gets to our huddle this morning. 

Foodwise yesterday I had a bacon and egg sarnie for breakfast and lamb shank with cabbage, jacket potato and cauliflower cheese which was a bit random as I don't really do gravy and cheese sauce, but there wasn't too much gravy and it worked!  I indulged in some almonds again too, won't be buying them again!

Last day of August, I know Elle is planning to complete our 'The Months Matter' Journal throughout September, it's full of stuff, including a months worth of breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas.  

Boo to it raining out there this morning!  We'll have to make our own sunshine, everything about yesterday made it's way onto my sunshine list, love a lazy day watching tele and reading a book. 

Whilst Elle works on her tracking, I'm working on my moving more and eating healthily, still working my way through my freezer and planning to fill it with mostly healthy stuff next time, plus a few nice treats like chicken wings and pizza, I do like the small ones of those though and add my own toppings.  Actually I could get a few of those M&S stonebaked ultra thin ones that are around 500 calories and fill one drawer, maybe that's what I'll do once it's run down.  

I'm still wanting my chicken tikka masala though, I wonder if I could make my own, get a good recipe?  Maybe I'll look into that, because I know if I order one, I'll have rice and tandoori chicken too because that's what I'm like and if you're going to have one, you may as well have it all, make it worth them coming out ;)

Here's to a great day, not even thought about food for the day ahead other than my breakfast, will check out the freezer, there's lots of white fish but I need to defrost it for 12 hours it says, so maybe take out now for tomorrow. 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me xx

No comments: