Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 9 December 2019

Monday again!

Monday 9th December 2019
If you're so busy that sitting in traffic is 'ME' time, it's time to make some changes...


Right time to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk, I was woken in the night by acid indigestion - that's not good at all!   I've gained weight this morning too, so I really don't want to end the year at the same weight I started it (although I guess maintenance is better than gaining!) therefore this week I plan to have a much better week and track and get a grip.  I've already got sweet and sour chicken made for today's dinner.   I'm going to have scrambled eggs for breakfast in a flatbread and I won't be indulging in any of moms junk!   Being overweight is one thing, being uncomfortable with acid is another thing completely and I don't like it, so time to be much better and do something about it.

I hear people say, oh I take medication for that so I don't have to worry.   Mmm, yeah you do, the meds might be masking the problem but it's still there and eating badly won't be helping it at all, trust me I sit next to the result of years and years of rennies and lansoprazole, it's not pretty.

Anyway's on a brighter note, we had a good day yesterday, stress free, very little confusion and agitation, only a couple of small incidents that I managed to turnaround.  She's so much better when I'm there all the time but that's not feasible.  She has asked me if I'm Anne or Bev this morning but she's okay.

I've got a busy morning, it's usually my day off but I have a training thing, thankfully it's from my office over the computer, but it'll take up a couple of hours, plus I have to get ready for the week ahead.  Can you believe it's already the ninth of the month, 2020 is so close, it's crazy isn't it, I think 2019 has gone so quickly.

I've just sat and scrolled back through my Facebook photos of 2019, yes it's been a testing year and I don't think I've ever been further than 30 miles from home and that was for a work meeting!  But I've still seen lots of things that made me smile, walked some glorious places, managed to get the odd hour of complete escapism and I even got out for the night to see The Spice Girls, so yeah it's not been all bad.  I will continue to focus on the positives, we're not doing 'Christmas' this year, it'll just be a couple of days off for me but none of the razzle, dazzle of previous years.  I'm not even doing gifts and cards, I've done donations to places that need it more, one I did was https://donate.thebiggive.org.uk/campaign/a051r00001D6EqTAAV The Good Shepherd because until tomorrow it's being double by the big give campaign which is fab.

I'm waffling now ain't I, this week I mostly want to lose some weight and not have heartburn!  How about that for ambition!  When I'm having a bad day with mom, I'm going to imagine myself standing on the top of Carn Llidi overlooking Whitesands Bay, a place I plan to visit again at some point.


Here's to a great week, if you could be anywhere other than where you are right now where would you go?

Here's to a better day food wise than yesterday, I'll settle for everything else about the day being as good as it was yesterday, when moms happy, I'm happy. xx

mwah, luv ya

Love me x

No comments: