Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 6 December 2019

Embrace the chaos!

Friday 6th December 
The greatest illusion is that life should be perfect. 


I had such a lovely day yesterday and then I got home to mom and it all went tits up from there and I ended up eating my emotions, I smashed the back of my advent calendar and systematically ate them all except Christmas Eve in no particular order, can I just say chocolate doesn't taste so great when you're angry and sad!  Oh and the only reason I stopped at the last one was because I felt a bit sick and miserable so the chocolate wasn't doing what I wanted it to.  

She's okay again this morning by the way but it's just so draining coming home at 8pm after being out since 7am to listen to someone moan on and on about how she'd rather be left on her own, normally I have more patience but last night I wanted to walk back out and keep walking.  

Anyway, moving on, I'll get back to healthy today and I won't be replacing the advent calendar so those chocolates have left the building.

I was asked to post the following lentil bake recipe that I made for workshops a few years back, no obviously with the changes in plans, the points are different on each plan.  
 
Curried Lentil Bake Total points = 34SP πŸ’š14SP πŸ’™ 6SP πŸ’œ

Prep Time 10 minutes

Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 10 minutes

1 tbsp oil (4SPπŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ)
1 onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
2 medium carrots (finely chopped)
1 tbsp curry powder
 (1SPπŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ)
175g red split lentils 
(13SP πŸ’š) 
580ml (580ml) vegetable stock (I used 2 oxo cubes) (1SPπŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ)
240g sweet potato (cut into approx. 1 cm cubes) (8SP 
πŸ’šπŸ’™) (0SPπŸ’œ
70g frozen peas (2SP πŸ’š)
3 eggs (lightly beaten) 
(5SP πŸ’š) 

1. Pre heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas4
2. Heat oil in pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots then reduce the heat to low and cook for approx. 10 mins (until softened.)
3. Add the curry powder and cook for a further minute
4. Add the lentils & stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until cooked, soft and stock absorbed (approx. 20 mins)
5. Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a pan and fry the sweet potato cubes, on a low heat, for approx. 10min. (add a little water if needed)
6. Once lentils are cooked, allow to cool slightly and then add the potato, egg and peas. Stir until combined.
7. Place the mixture in a greased, ovenproof dish (mine was 10" x 7.5")
8. Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins or until set and golden (mine took 35 mins) but timings will vary with ovens.
9. Slice and serve.

I adapted it in another recipe to make it lower in points, 

Zero Curried Lentil Bake  Total points = 22SP πŸ’š2SP πŸ’™ 2SP πŸ’œ

Spray light
1 large onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
 2 medium carrots (finely chopped)
1 tbsp curry powder (1SPπŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ)
175g red split lentils  (13SP πŸ’š) 
 580ml vegetable stock (I used 2 oxo cubes) (1SPπŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ)
240g butternut squash (cut into approx. 1 cm cubes)  
100g frozen peas (2SP πŸ’š) 
3 eggs (lightly beaten)  (5SP πŸ’š) 


  1. Pre heat oven to 180C/350F/Gas4
  2. Spray light a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots then reduce the heat to low and cook for approx. 10 mins (until softened) add a splash of water if needed to stop it sticking and don't be afraid to add a few more sprays of spray light. 
  3. Meanwhile, put the butternut squash cubes on a baking tray and spray light them, then pop in oven for about 15 minutes, keep your eye on them, you want them cooked but firm. 
  4. Add the curry powder to the frying pan and cook for a further minute
  5. Add the lentils & stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until cooked, soft and stock absorbed (approx. 20 mins)
  6. Once lentils are cooked, allow to cool slightly and then add the butternut squash, egg and peas. Stir until combined.
  7. Place the mixture in a greased, ovenproof dish (roughly 10" x 7.5")
  8. Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins or until set and golden, timings will vary with ovens.
  9. Slice and serve.
It's delicious warm or cold, great to take in your sandwich box for work, a filling, healthy meal for lunch, dinner or breakfast if you're a bit weird like me.  Trust me, it's really good for your digestive system too!  Oh and it's a cheap meal too, helping toward your 5 a day. 

Now I could go into today thinking what's the point, my life is just a big ball of chaos right now but do you know what, hell no!  In the words of Jonny Ox, 'She may be chaos sipping madness from a cup of disaster, but damn, she makes it look good.' and I intend to continue to. 

So my shopping list this week will include more fruit to encourage me to start my day well, I've got some satsumas downstairs they can be this mornings start, I will buy lots of lovely veggies to bring vitamins and minerals into my world.  I will take time out to read and take me away from the chaos, I will walk my dog and get some fresh air (only if it stops raining though).  What I won't do, EVER, is completely give in because that's not who I am.  What about you? Who are you? 

I will continue to be the Chaos Coordinator (yay Vicky I'm a CC too 😚) 

Embracing chaos might be the journey we need to take to finding peace, Here's to finding calm in my chaos today, what's your plan? 

Mwah, luv ya 

Love me x





No comments: