Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 20 December 2019

It doesn't look like Christmas out there!

Friday 20th December 2019
The magic of Christmas is not in the presents but being present. 
Been a rough night in the Longsden household, moms a poorly lady and she's not slept much, thankfully there's no work for me today so I can spend it with her and ope she improves.  

The best line I heard yesterday and we can all listen too was; "But it is Christmas!" And I totally agree, it's a wonderful time of the year, I've not really embraced it this year at all, a little part of me is always scared too since the year mom ended up in hospital in Wales because of her stomach, I know that her condition was exacerbated by overindulgence and I think that's a little of why she's poorly now because her diet is horrendous but there's no telling her without her getting angry.  Yeah I want to buy all the Christmas goodies but I know she'll make herself bad with them!  I will find a midway, when I got shopping, I'll buy some bit and limit how many she can get her hands on at any one time. 

But yes it is Christmas and you should all remember that, enjoy it, don't go ridiculously crazy, know your limits and enjoy being with people you love.  I'm going to make sure I give mom extra attention Christmas Day, we'll have  some quality time whatever food is in the house. 

I don't really have anything to write today, I know it's going to be a long ass day, I'm concerned about whether I should be doing something for her but I honest don't think anything can be done as she doesn't help herself, oh I just don't know.  

I'm going to stop typing because I want everyone to be enjoying the most wonderful time of the year, focus on the magic, be kind, only be as generous as you can afford to be.  I honestly believe one of the best gifts you can give anyone is time.  

This photo came up in my memories this morning and it was one of the best times, I remember it as if it was yesterday, not sure what year it was, actually I do, I've just searched my Facebook and it was 2003, oh what I'd give for that Christmas once again.  That started as what was going to be a disaster, the holiday company went bust and our holiday was cancelled, but it got sorted and we had the best time in Lanzarote, just brilliant.  


That's better, focus on the good times, the smile times, it will help me get through these times. 

Mwah, luv ya

Love me.  Now what shall I eat today?  Priorities and all that ;) 

No comments: