Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 22 December 2019

Are you excited yet? Or exhausted!

22nd December 2019
Stay close to anything that makes you feel glad to be alive.


Can you believe we're only days away from Christmas, yesterday was the nearest I'll get to a 'works do', we stopped at the end of the workshop and the girls (& Mark) made us breakfast and we had a good natter, it's amazing how just an hour in good company can really lift your spirits.  No wonder Christmas is a time to get together with people, it makes you feel good at a time of year that can be really grim, what a great idea to fill it with sparkly lights and kindness.

Once home and having walked Alfie a few times, we settled down to watch tele and crochet.  This is my lovely life at home despite the dementia.  I get to watch my wonderful squirrels making good use of the garden furniture after helping themselves to lunch from my shed.


Alfie gets wrapped up in one of my crochet blankets, he almost gets lost in there doesn't he, it's almost as if it was made just for him (IT WASN'T) but who's gonna argue with him or mom, erm not me! 

We've had some lovely Christmas cards, so lovely moms read the messages over and over and over and over to me, thanks for that everyone lol.

True Story!

My members helped Liz (my helper) raise £170 to add towards the £130 she'd already raised making Christmas gifts for her friends Cat charity, there are so many good charities out there, we're going to choose a different one each month, where possible keep it local, I'm letting my helpers have an input. Next month is Age UK, then February Acorns.  We sell tea and coffee every week and all the proceeds go to the chosen charity plus any other money raised.

Ooo what to do today?  Crochet maybe, walk the dog and watch tele for a change.  I really need to give the living room a hoover, but I need to do it before mom gets up or it's a nightmare, it'll get done some time this week, it's not like we're expecting visitors and need to worry about impressing anyone.

Well the 'big breakfast' we had yesterday and trust me it was big, so good, I'm not gonna lie I had 5 sausages in the end and 3 eggs, but I didn't eat again all day apart from one of these delicious cakes;


and a few cracker with cheese later on, another reminder to myself that I don't need to buy too much food tomorrow when I shop, one mouth, one stomach, can only hold so much food so I'll choose my favourite stuff mindfully.  Not gonna lie though, looking forward to buying a few bit of nom nom niceness.

There's the pips, 8am, we had a lie in this morning I'm glad to say and now I'm going to go make another cuppa for mom and enjoy my day (hopefully depending on mom xx) wish me luck,

mwah, luv ya


Love me x




No comments: