Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 5 December 2019

15 years, where did they go?!

Thursday 5th December 2019
Just say YIKES and move on!

Today is my workversary, 15 years ago I started working for WW after going through the training, it's gone so quickly and it's the longest I've worked anywhere, 11 years I was at my last company.  It's still the best job ever, I get to spend my days with epic people and I am fortunate enough to have the most amazing helpers who make it possible for me to do the job day in, day out.  Thursday's is always my long, busy day but I still drive home smiling.  It's so rewarding working for a company that helps people, it's also great that over the years, I've seen the plan improve and be adapted to suit members in our busy, chaotic lives that we have now.

Yesterday I got busy in the kitchen, made enough food to take me to the weekend, a nice beef stew, honey and mustard chicken in the slow cooker using a jar of chicken tonight and some scotch eggs using Penn Road butchers chicken sausages, actually no I used his turkey and cranberry ones so that's a portable breakfast for this morning!   I really enjoyed spending an hour in the kitchen and mom was sleeping in her chair so it was easy as she wasn't asking where I was and what I was doing. 

I love the simplicity of the slow cooker, just chuck it in and leave it, then walking in to a lovely smell makes it ever better.  Even better if it's only a couple of ingredients like a jar of sauce and meat!  It makes chicken breast more tender that's for sure. 

My heads a bit empty this morning, this is usually when I share a recipe with you to fill the page, but I can't find the blinking recipe book I wanted to get it from, you couldn't make it up could ya!

We were talking about cauliflower steaks on Tuesday, can't find the recipe they'd made it was from a WW recipe book but basically it's roasting or frying cauliflower steaks in whatever spices you fancy, I've just seen one idea where they've breaded the steak - I like that idea! There's a Cauliflower steak shawarma  recipe on the WW app.

HOW TO CUT CAULIFLOWER STEAKS?

First, remove the leaves and trim off the bottom part of the stem

With a large knife, cut the cauliflower lengthwise through the center into thick slices (about 1 1/2-inch resp. 4 cm thick).

Depending on the thickness of the stem you might get 2 or 3 cauliflower “steaks”.

Save the excess florets that do not connect to the steaks to make cauliflower rice.

I need to have a go at this as I do like a bit of cauliflower, I'm thinking parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, most recipes seem to steam them for a few minutes first. yeah I need this in my life.  

But first I need to get my backside out of this chair and get to work, here's hoping today is as good as yesterday was, I even had a nice surprise in the post, my crochet society box arrived, I love them, every monty a box of goodies for me to enjoy, I love the yarn in this months box too I'd love more but I have a feeling it's a one off - gutted.  Never mind, I'll find similar I'm sure, ooo check me out, I must be growing up, in the past I'd have sulked for weeks over that, don't like not being able to get what I want lol. 

Right I'm really going now, it's still dark out there so here's to bringing our own brightness!  Mwah, luv ya 


Love me x


No comments: