Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 3 June 2019

Spice up your life!

Monday 3rd June 2019
The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.


117 FitPoints, I did a whacking 47 FitPoints yesterday, oh yeah, 230 active minutes, that's almost 4 hours of walking about!  We did a wonderful 8 mile walk along the canal path from Bentley bridge to Aldersley junctions, it's a lovely time of year to do that because of all the ducklings and the cygnet's, I was relieved to see those actually as the two swans had been at Ashmore park whilst she was sitting on the nest (I'm assuming it's the same two) and then we hadn't seen their babies, but they've had 5 and they're looking healthy.  I also got to see a heron sitting on the waterside, glorious sight, there was a water rat too, which I know isn't the prettiest thing but I saw one.  Yeah a wonderful walk and what made the start even better was Merlin came bounding towards me as if he knew me and was pleased to see me, no barking at me at first either, he soon started barking as if to say come on let's get going!  Alfie had already had his 40 minute walk so he was happy at home, he had another one later in the day too.

Foodwise, well needed to do some planning, I was so hungry when I got home I quickly cooked sausages, egg and mushrooms and had them with a couple of slices of bread.

 My dinner was going to be sweet and sour chicken but when I opened the chicken, they didn't smell good so I didn't risk it, instead I took this frozen meal out and I have to say it was food and edible but I won't be buying it again, I can just knock something better myself quickly.  I have one other frozen meal it's the southern Indian curry, that I've had before and liked thankfully.
 I indulged in a crisp sandwich for tea, 8SP well spent as always, then we had an early night...
Because I'm off to see the Spice Girls later so wanted to be rested, so glad we've got seats as I know I couldn't have stood for that long, my leg already hurts this morning, it's pulling all down the back of my left leg, but having said that, I feel so much better than I have been feeling, I'm not getting out of bed like Gollum in a morning and that's just from losing 7.5lb, walking every Sunday and doing a couple of short workouts outs last week.  It's all helping and that's what is motivating me to carry on.

I was talking to Lorraine via messenger yesterday and said how when I exercised in my 20's it was all about looking hot and having a 6 pack, that's why I've not bothered doing it now because I'm not bothered about either of those things, I'm happy with how I look, I look like a 49 year old who's enjoyed life so far.  However after last weeks workshops I've realised I do want to live longer and stronger, and whilst doing that I want to be able to stay independent and look after myself.  Losing weight alone isn't enough, I need to get my muscles strong enough to carry me and my energy levels up, hence the moving more and signing up for the online workouts.  I'll be doing another one this morning, but more about that later!

I haven't done my plank yet, I went to do it on the landing and got to 7 and heard mom say to Alfie, I'll be back in a minute so had to move as she needed the bathroom, I'll go do it though honest, even though my stomach doesn't want me too because the muscles are hurting, I think I might have pulled them Saturday at the workshop being a numpty!

Right food today, nothings planned, but I'm off to see the Spice Girls later so I'm thinking zero foods or really low for breakfast and lunch, see what Vicky wants to do re food before the concert, food at arenas is never good and it's always expensive so maybe something before, I could even make us something.  I'll be having a glass or two of something but nothing ridiculous as I've still got to get up at 5am in the morning and go to work!

I've finished my 4th week in my WW Journal, I started it on May 6th, whereas I started tracking on the 1st on my app, the page I'm about to turn over says,

          Believe in
          yourself.
          Being positive makes everything easier.

That's so true, I've still to do my weekly review, the best bits, the hardest bits, I've learned, I've loved eating, Next week my goal is, Achievements / successes this week.

I'll do that whilst I'm drinking my cuppa later, although my achievements were walking 8 mile yesterday morning, doing 2 x 15 min workouts this week, losing 2lb.  Next week my goal is to hopefully lose weight again, to do 3 workouts, to continue the plank and to continue using my journal and prioritising myself #MeFirst #JournalJune

Right I've got somewhere I need to be this morning, then lots to do before I can go and play out later ;)  I hope you have as good a day as I plan too!

Happy Monday.

  

No comments: