Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Thursday 6 June 2019

Pizza anyone?

Thursday 6th June 2019
Your time as a caterpillar is over, your wings are ready. 


I had what felt like a very rushed day yesterday, it started with my workout, which Alfie interrupted btw and I had to do the last bit holding him like a weight!  

This is what I want to still be able to do when I'm old! 
I had to find 2 forms of id for a cbs check, no idea where my passport is, so my mission is now to sort my office sooner rather than later, I made do with a bank statement and my driving license, then the man rang me at 10 to say he was on his way to sort my phone and the CCTV which was great but I was just going to my workshop :( He sorted it thankfully but it meant I only caught the last 10 minutes of the talk, at least I made my weigh-in, I maintained which I'll take, it's almost a calendar month since my last monthlies and although they don't come as regular there could be stuff going on in the background.  

I then popped in the Coop to collect the Foodbank stuff, then nipped to have my leg pulled about again by Lorraine, she will cure or kill me, I can see it in her eyes!  By the time I got back it was getting on for lunch time and I hadn't even had breakfast time, so I made a Broghie sarnie with ham and a cheese triangle, 3SP max. 
Oh and I walked into a hallway full of WW boxes with stock in, so I then have to move them all to where they should be.  

By now I'm thinking, I ain't stopped yet and I still have to go to work later, so I decided to go get my cook on as I'd promised my girls toad in the hole for their tea.  



5SP per portion toad in the hole!
200g plain flour (20SP) 
200ml skimmed milk (3SP)
4 eggs
salt
12 chicken breast sausages (Penn Road Butchers) (6SP)

I realised my turkey mince needed using too and Dave reminded I said I was going to make a pizza and test out a recipe my sister had found.  So here it is, I did just that.  
 Now what is it you ask well, it's a turkey mince based pizza!  The recipe I had used canned chicken (it was an America recipe). So this is what I did, the used canned chicken, I used turkey mince. 

10oz or 285g turkey breast mince (or chicken breast)  
1oz or 30g grated parmesan cheese 4SP
1 large egg

Spread mince on a baking sheet lined with a silicon mat or parchment, I used my pan liners, anything to stop it sticking. Bake at 350/170 gabs mark 4 for 10 minutes to dry out the mince.

Once mince is done baking for 10 minutes remove and place in a mixing bowl. Increase heat of oven to full temp on oven.

Break and crumble the mince up, add cheese and egg to the bowl with chicken and mix.

Pour mixture onto baking sheet lined and spread thin. I used my hands to flatten it down. I think if I did it again I wouldn't make one big one I'd make 4 small ones.  

Optional: With a spatula press the edges of the crust in to for a ridge for the crust. This is beneficial is you're using topping that may slide off (i.e. eggs).

Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes on full. 

Remove crust from oven. Add desired toppings and bake for another 6-10 minutes on full. Toppings will dictate final cook time.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes and see what you think.  Enjoy!

It wasn't bad at all, not really a pizza but good in its own right I think, I'd definitely make another and experiment by making slices rather than one big pizza I think, as mine wasn't as crispy as I'd have liked it to be in the middle.  I topped mine with 3SP worth of parmesan, courgettes, mushrooms, spring onions. tomato - use pasatta for zero points, my fridge is almost empty but there's so many options you can top it with.  But I can see there's definitely potential here!

Whilst I was messing about I decided to finally open the can of Jackfruit I have, it's vegan friendly and zero points, again I reckon if you used it in a recipe in place of chicken or tuna you'd think damn yeah this is okay.  I just warmed it through and added some sugar free sweet and sour sauce. can't remember the brand, some brothers, Penn Road butchers are selling them now I believe.   I also mixed a bit with a sachet of WW BBQ sauce I had, I wanted to just taste the flavour, I reckon with the WW teriyaki marinade, some spring onions, broccoli and some rice, mmm that would really work.  Yeah definitely, it's got a good texture and with a strong sauce, you've just saved points and got yourself a vegan meal! 




Well that was my day yesterday, of course that didn't include the best bit the Workshops on the night which were great as always, it was bedtime before I knew it, such a busy day, but I ended on track, let's do it again shall we!

I set my alarm 15 minutes later and now I'm running 15 minutes later than usual because my blog has still took the same length of time to write, so I'm off, catch ya tomorrow, let's all be awesome today shall we!  Yeah come on, let's be bad asses! 




No comments: