Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Monday 24 June 2019

Keep going, the time will pass anyway!

Monday 24th June 2019
Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path.


Not only is it Monday morning, it's also the start of week 26, which means by the end of this week we are half way through the year, how quick has that gone!  Now I know I joined a workshop at the beginning of May and my official weigh-in was 13st 4.5lb but I've weighed myself naked on a Monday morning for years and the heaviest I was on them was 13st 4lb!  I had a very early night last night, in bed by 8pm and didn't get up till half 5 this morning, yeah I woke up in the night and I also dreamt a lot but in-between I have had some wonderful hours.  The best thing about sleeping like that is your dehydrated when you wake up and need the toilet ;) so I couldn't resist a naked weigh-in, hence the reason I'm not holding the scales to take the photo but check these numbers out! 
I know they won't say it on Wednesday at my official weigh-in but that's okay, they won't say those numbers if I go back and weigh again now I've drunk my mug of tea and pint of water, but they made me smile anyway!  Because no end of wee's and poo's and dehydration would have got me anywhere near that number in the first half of this year.  

And no I wasn't a 'perfect' WWer yesterday at all, apart from my chicken, cheese and sweetcorn toasted WW wrap for breakfast, I picked throughout the day, packet of WW fava beans, Walkers crisps, a crust of bread with the last bit of cheese on, oh and my red wine, so meh I'll do better today.  I just didn't want to cook, me and mom were enjoying watching Chicago Fire and moments like that are so special I didn't want to disappear for half hour, I didn't even wash up yesterday, there were thankfully 2 mugs left for this mornings cuppa, I'll do it all this morning, I'll make the curry this morning too so it's done as it'll warm up fine.  She was my mom yesterday, the one that I have loved for 49 years, we had a lovely day, once I'd bought her out of her mood when I got back from my walk with Ian which I thoroughly enjoyed, I've realised it doesn't matter where you walk as long as there's greenery to enjoy and fresh air to breathe in.  

Yeah yesterday was a perfect Sunday, dog walk with Alfie was lovely too, he took me over the park on his second one and just sat down, so we sat on the park for 20 minutes before walking back, I had a lovely chat with a sweet lady who's partner had bought her 'Jeffrey', the most gorgeous pug and she did adore him, it oozed from her. 

See the world is full of wonderful people if you take time to look, start by looking in the mirror there's wonderful person in your life number 1, so make sure you're taking care of yourself.

At the bottom of this blog is a delicious recipe for a sweet potato and spinach curry, but I'm not going to lie, I'll be using the Pataks Saag masala sauce which is 11SP for the jar, then pointing the sweet potato I add because I have lots of those jars in my cupboard to use.

I will definitely be making the chorizo and gnocchi today because the green salad needs using!  I'm already doubting my commitment to that last sentence lol, but yeah I will, because I know it's going to be delicious, what's stopped me making it other than me being a lazy bitch is the fact it feeds 4 and I have a feeling I could eat more than one portion, I also know it would be easy to half the recipe, so I need to give my head a wobble and behave don't I because I like the numbers I'm seeing on the scales nearly as much as how much better I'm feeling in myself right now, here's to continuing that behaviour that got me there.  

OOO it's payday tomorrow - whoop whoop, the summer months aren't as healthy in that respect so I'm going to try and eat out of the freezer again this week and stay away from the shops for anything other than fresh stuff and maybe a little something, something if I see a nice recipe I fancy, but I still have the fritter recipe from the August WW magazine to try first.

Right I'm off, Alfie wants walking, I have a kitchen full of washing up to do and a week of workshops to plan, this weeks topic is 'Turn it around', the start of the weekly card reads...

One of the most important things to know on your WW journey is this: small weight gains will happen. And equally important: the weight gain itself doesn’t matter – how you respond to it does.

Now that's going to be a good one, we can all make use off.  See you in your workshop!

Mwah, luv ya, 

Love me xx

Recipe; 

Sweet Potato & Spinach Curry, serves 2  
Total = 30SP if using 200ml of coconut milk or less if you less!  
15SP per person for a delicious curry ain't bad though is it! 
Ingredients:
Paste:
1tsp each coriander seeds, black peppercorns, cumin seeds
2tsp paprika, ¼ tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp turmeric,1 tsp each ginger and garlic pastes, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp tomato puree, 1 red chilli
Sauce:75g chickpeas [cooked]½ onion (finely chopped]
1½ tbsp paste, 150g sweet potato [peeled and cubed](5sp)
red chillies [extra - if required], 1½ tsp fresh ginger [finely chopped]
200g tinned tomatoes, 2tbsp coconut milk (3sp) or (up to 200ml – 18spp), (8SP if you use reduced fat coconut milk and less water maybe) 
handful spinach leaves [shredded], 1 tbsp oil (4sp)

METHOD:
Paste: Dry fry the seeds [adding cumin when you turn off the pan] and grind before mixing in the powdered spices while warm 

Blend or pound this with the other ingredients to make the paste

Marinate the cooked chickpeas and sweet potatoes in this paste

Soften the onion in a little oil (1 tbsp = 4pp), adding the paste mixture, cooking until the excess moisture is gone

Add the ginger [and any extra chillies] and stir well before adding the tomatoes and around 100ml water, covering and cooking for around 10 minutes

Remove the lid, taste and adjust and reduce, stirring regularly

Add the coconut milk and spinach and warm through

Taste to check seasoning before turning out into your serving dish

Storage: Keeps in the fridge for a few days 

No comments: