Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 23 June 2019

It's all about the Carbs!

Sunday 23rd June 2019
It doesn’t matter how slow you go as long as you don’t stop. 

It’s half fiveish and I’m walking round the estate with Alfie, he let me have enough time to roll out of bed and make mom a drink, mines going cold on the side!   It’s so quiet out here this morning, just bird song and the odd car driving past - bliss. 

I want to wake up as I want to get stuff done today, going to meet Ian first for a walk, not too far today. Next I want to make those scotch eggs again I like them a lot, I want to be prepared this week it helps with the weight loss if I know what I’m having.  Yesterday I woke up hungry, wanting carbs and I knew a bit of toast wasn’t going to cut it but I had a slice anyway, then one of my members said she was starving and going to nip to Subway, well I wanted in on the act, never really been a fan of theirs, only ever had them on motorway services but we looked at the app and the egg and cheese one on Italian white was 6SP and I have to say I devoured it!  



That Subway is on the way to my Saturday morning workshop, this could become a thing!  Not sure what time they open on a Sunday but could be tempted to have one after a walk. I love white bread but if I buy a loaf I’m eating a loaf!  Same goes with pastry if I make a pie it serves 4 and there’s only me so I was chuffed to see Penn Road butchers selling garlic butter chicken and bacon lattice pie, I’ve worked these babies out to 12SP but oh my days I enjoyed it so much they, well worth the points splurge and thankfully haven’t got any pastry left in my house to get rid of!  


As much as I enjoyed both of those meals yesterday, oh yeah and the toasted wrap I had for my tea, I’m thinking I need a plate full of veggies today, too many carbs for one weekend! 


I've got a load of spinach I might make a curry with that and the sweet potato I have nom nom. 

Alfie’s walking like a bloody snail this morning and all I want is a mug of tea!  At least it’s not raining although the forecast is dreadful for later I believe. I did get mom in garden for an hour yesterday, bless her she fell asleep then when she woke, she said it was boring and cold. 

I'm back now, just booted my Mac up to find it wasn't working and wanted me to reinstall!  I didn't I turned it off and back on and phew it's okay.  One day I might treat myself to a new one, I do love a computer as opposed to a laptop, I enjoy sitting at my desk, looking at a big screen but this one works for now so we'll stick with it.  There's nothing on here that if I lost I'd cry, since my pc broke last year and I lost everything, I'm like it's all just stuff isn't it at least I have my memories in my head (for now anyway).  

Because imagine, I wrote this on my phone yesterday when mom was being a bit of a nightmare and I was trying to put myself in her shoes; 

Imagine you woke up tomorrow & you weren’t sure what day it was, where you were or who was in your house with you. You can’t find anything, you forget you need to eat or need the toilet.   This is the easy bit about having dementia!  

I see, feel and hear her frustration on a daily basis and there's nothing I can do to make that frustration go away, well apart from trying to get her to laugh about it, she knocked a mug of tea over her chair yesterday and was really angry with herself, saying how she's doing stupid things like this all the time now she's old, I reminded her I knock a glass of water or a mug of tea over my desk on almost a monthly basis, it's not my age, I'm just a clumsy cow!  She lost her glasses and got frustrated over that, I'd spent half hour looking for my credit card earlier only to find it on my seat in the car, it'd fell out my pocket!  Yeah some of her issues are because of her age and her dementia but some are just because she's my mom and we're both clumsy, disorganised muppets and I wouldn't have us any other way.

Right, now to make her another cuppa and go meet my bro! 

Happy Sunday, mwah, luv ya

Love Me xx  


No comments: