Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 6 August 2017

Do you have a healthy relationship with food?

6th August 2017
Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory. (Albert Schweitzer)
In my meetings this week as well as agreeing we’re going to be more aware in August, starting off by filling in a paper tracker to watch what’s going on in our food world, we also looked at what a healthy relationship with food looked like.   Is there a ‘norm’ when it comes to having a healthy relationship with food?  I’m still not sure to be honest, I reckon as long as you’re happy with your relationship with it and it’s not causing you misery then that’s pretty healthy in my eyes.   After all there’s a fine link between taking care about what we put in our bodies and being obsessive over it all.   We’ve all sat and overeaten at some point in our lives, if we do that without guilt and don’t make a habit of it, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.  Who doesn’t love a good overindulging session with loved ones!

If you google it, there’s on article that has 14 habits of people with a healthy relationship with food, stuff like eat mindfully, everything in moderation, bit of what you fancy, eat when you’re hungry, stop when your full, eat breakfast, don’t keep problematic foods in the house, don’t sit down with the whole bag, know the difference between a snack and a treat, give yourself permission to enjoy eating, don’t ‘make up’ for a meal, don’t eat to see the scale shift, don’t be afraid to feel hungry,  don’t let your concerns for food interfere with daily life, if you want to read the article it’s here; http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/17/healthy-relationship-to-food-habits_n_5107037.html

I enjoy food, I love eating, I’m happy with who I am, the shape of my body, the size of my body, yeah I will continue to work at losing some of the weight but I’m not unhappy about what I have as my starting point.  Today I will eat food I enjoy but in a sensible amount although I have no idea what that food will be.  Yesterday I fancied a bacon sarnie and my lovely member Cindy bought me one and it was divine, it also filled me up and I didn’t eat till the afternoon when we had M&S butter chicken and microwave chips, that was me done for the day.  I had a lovely early night and a good sleep too, perfect end to the day.

I’ve been up an hour messing about on the computer, I do like not rushing on a Sunday morning, I’d sit in the kitchen with a cuppa but oh yeah, I haven’t got one yet, instead I’ll go make another cuppa and sit in front of my computer.  I’ve put a load of washing in so hoping it’ll stay try whilst I hang that out.  You’ve got to love the normality of everyday life, I think I’ll nip over the Co-op and get mom some papers and check out what we might have for dinner today.  I’ll do a bit of house work too, it all burns a few calories, there will also be quite a bit of sitting down doing not much as I need to be rested, I’m on a training thing tomorrow so losing some of my day off. 

Anyway I’m off, you don’t need to be reading my waffling, here’s to a good day, being aware and remembering we’re BeYOUtiful. xx




No comments: