Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 20 January 2016

What's the rush?



20th January 2016
Direction is so much more important than speed.  Many are going nowhere fast!
I may have worked on my birthday but I still had a lovely day spent with smashing people, it started very rock and roll with me not being able to unlock my car door and having to climb through the boot, over all my stock to open the back door, I'm so glad it was still dark and no one came up behind me or they'd have had a right eyeful. There I was, horizontal in the boot, trying desperately to reach the lock, then once I did, stuck and working out how to reverse!   Rock and roll moment number two was going to the toilet at work and finding there was no loo roll and having to shout for Sharon to go fetch some!  Rock and roll moment number three, coming home to a mom doing her crosswords, "Tart, 4 letters Bev, begins with an S?" Let's just say she had two suggestions, neither was the answer which was "sour", her suggestions were.... have a guess!

 And so my day continued and I loved it, I had so many "happy birthday" messages via Facebook, it was quite overwhelming, I didn't know that many people cared enough to stop and post, just lovely.

Yeah I likes my quiet life, I work hard, I chill a lot and I love enjoy a slow pace wherever and whenever possible. 

So I'm slowing it down, not just my life, I've been working on that for years, I mean my weight loss, I was really chuffed with that initial 5lb loss my first week, and I'm not going to lie, when I lost a pound last week, I was a bit deflated because I wanted the 2 to make my first half stone.  But listening to something on the radio yesterday and a few other things that have caught my attention, its reminded me slow is best, it's more likely to stay off and I have a tendency to rush everything I do which is another reason I like to balance out my life with the slow in other aspects.  So half pound a week, that's what I'm aiming for, any more will be a bonus and a fluke, I'm not holding out much chance this week as I've enjoyed my birthday.  For my tea last night I had steak, oven chips, mushrooms, onions and an egg - it was incredible!  For lunch we had a piece of haddock in breadcrumbs (6sp) on ciabatta bap (6sp) that was tasty too, I didn't Smart Point my steak meal, it was my birthday and nothing counts on your birthday!  I did resist my white chocolate owl I had for Christmas and the bottle of Baileys that my brother bought me though!

So slow it is, that way if I go over my points a little, it's not the end of the work, I won't be deflated and I'll still be smiling at the scales, real, not perfect, that's my plan! If I lose 1/2lb a week and enjoy my weekends a little too much ;) I'll still be 2 stone lighter come summer!  The times going to pass anyway so what's the rush...

So in total contrast to 'slow', I better hurry up and get moving, got work to do, no I don't have to rush, that's why I get up ridiculously early so I can fit it all in, I make time for my breakfast, for me it's the most important meal of the day, I'm thinking eggs - for a change!  I never did get a loaf yesterday, I think I have a Weight Watcher wrap left (probably a bit crisp but eatable) I'll soften it in the microwave and maybe have a scrambled egg and bacon wrap for brekkie, add a few mushrooms and tomatoes towards the five a day, lunch is turkey mince, veg and mash in a cottage pie style meal, that's 10sp, then tea, I'm not sure yet, I need to got check out the fridge, it might help if I do make the shop today and get that loaf, I did but a couple of nice dresses for work yesterday though, so it's all good.

Here's to make Wednesday wonderful, we're already halfway through the week - where do the weeks go!  Make sure these days that are whizzing by are filled with love and full of the happy, because happy people make healthy choices.  Be Happy BeYOUtiful. xx

Here's your Smart Point recipe;

Chicken Cordon Bleu
Serves 4, 3 Smart Point per portion

4 x 165g skinless boneless chicken breasts (6sp)
100g low fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs (3sp)
25g black olives in brine, drained and chopped finely (1sp)
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, each cut in half
8 x 10g slices smoked wafer thin ham (2sp)
low fat cooking spray
sat & freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to gas mark 6/200oC/fan oven 180oC. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast.
Mix together the soft cheese, olives and seasoning. Divide to fill each chicken pocket. Put a sprig of rosemary on top of each chicken breast and then seal the pocket and hold the sprig of rosemary in place with 2 slices of ham like a plaster. Spray with the cooking spray, transfer to a non-stick baking tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cooked. Serve immediately.

Serve with 100g new potatoes (2sp) per person and a mixed green zero points salad

No comments: