Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Friday 22 January 2016

My birthday gift to myself was a weight gain! Oops!



22nd January 2016
Don't let yourself be controlled by three things: people, money or past experiences. (I'd add food to that quote!)



Well I enjoyed my birthday week and gained a pound, I will more than take that, the relief this morning when I stepped on the scales was something else I can tell you, especially as I went really off the rails yesterday and it was nothing to do with my birthday!  Let's just say there was a doughnut and matchmakers concerned!  I'm a bit glad I did it because I felt so uncomfortable and sicky afterwards that it's reminded me why I don't eat that kind of food, for me it's addictive and once I start I can't stop which is why I just don't eat it at all.  I've said "I don't like cake and sweet stuff" so often, I believe it myself!  It all started in my 20's when I became a vegan (I'm not now!) and it was easier to say I didn't like things that try to explain the vegan thing.

January always gets me (and lots of my members too), we all wake up on January 1st and jump up and down shouting "right, let's do this, let's get slim, let's get healthy, let's lose weight!", 3 weeks later we wake up, drag ourselves out of bed because it's dark, cold and miserable outside and we're tired and we make it through the day which ends by us sitting down and thinking "oh ma'an I need something nice to cheer me up!"  See the difference!  There are so many reasons weight loss is difficult in January, the weather, the fact we overdid it over Christmas and are finding it hard to get our cravings back under control, we're skint, so many reasons and yes it's hard but you know what, being overweight's hard too, your joints hurt, you feel full and yucky, maybe you're constipated because you have a bad diet.  Yet losing weights hard - being overweight's hard = choose your hard!

So as you can guess, line is drawn, I'm back on it, got the makings of a fish pie today so I'm feeling good.  I've had me a lie in, I desperately need a day off, so once I've done the paperwork that needs doing this morning, I'm actually going to turn my phone off for the day, then I can't see or hear any requests for help (I don't think I've been unattainable to my members for a few years and it's only been because there's no signal on my phone but I need a day for me.  I can't go anywhere as I have a man in a van coming to collect lots of boxes to return to Weight Watchers so I'm mostly going to be sitting on my backside, I'm going to find me a film, start my knitting project hopefully and relax, oh and cook fish pie :)

If you've struggled this week to stay on track, know that you're in VERY good company because a lot of my awesome members have, so give yourself a break, start afresh today, then again tomorrow if necessary, and the day after, we can do this, we really can.  Believe in yourself BeYOUtiful, you have the power.

Here's a nice easy Smart Point recipe to get your tastebuds tingling;

Chilli Lamb Stir Fry
Serves 2, 11sp per serving
150g lean lamb leg steaks (cut into thin strips) (8sp)
300g fresh stir-fry vegetables
½ red chilli, deseeded and diced
3 tablespoons light soy sauce (1sp)
2 x 150g Amoy straight to wok noodles (13sp)

Heat wok or large non stick frying pan, add lamb & dry fry until brown all over. Add the veg, cilli and 3 tbsps water. Stir fry for 3-4 mins until veg tender.
Add soy sauce and noodles and heat through. Serve.

Use 200g prawns (1sp - saves 7sp) or 550g chicken breast (2sp - saves 6sp) instead of lamb.

No comments: