Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Ravenous - that is all!



27th January 2016
Patience is not the ability to wait but how you act while you're waiting - Joyce Meyer

Well some wonderful person has shared a bit of their lurgy with me and I appear to have a head cold - thanks for that.  It appears the side effect is, I'm hungry!  Really hungry, not just my normal greedy bitch wanna eat kind of hungry, but seriously  I can't fill myself up kind of hungry!  So today I shall mostly be following No Count, I've already checked out the fridge, yes I know it's only 5.30am! I'm getting prepared, I'm planning ain't I!  I'll be having crumpets for breakfast, I'd only eat these on No Count days to be honest as I'd rather spend the points on bread as it looks more.  Lunch I'm thinking chicken of some sort and stuffed peppers then for tea, I might defrost some beef stew out of the freezer, that'll really fill me up.  Yeah sorted, just need to decide what to do with the chicken now, speaking of chicken, I caught a bit of 'Tricks of the Restaurant Trade" on Channel 4 last night and they were comparing Nandos with KFC, the compared the wrap and fries, turns out the Nando's wrap has more calories, 1,140 compared to 790 calories, and the Nando's wrap had almost 4 times the sugar or the KFC one!  But what was really interesting was that they said the chicken burger was lower than the wraps which you just wouldn't expect. 

Sticking with the food topic, I'm hungry, one of my members had the 'instant noodle jar' in the Eat book from the Smart Points pack in her handbag yesterday ready to take to work, it looked awesome, I have to say, really great no fuss lunch which can be prepared the night before, much better for you than a shop bought pot noodle!

I'm thinking my lunch might be the Pan fried chicken, bacon & peas & mash, which was in my blog on January 7th or can be found on my website http://happyowls.co.uk/Recipes/RecipesDinner/ChickenBaconMash.html

I think I might try and make Rose's stew chicken again soon because it is so delicious when she's made it for me, so I'm going to give it another go, I think I have the ingredients, just need to get chicken legs to make it.  I know it won't taste like hers though, she's got that recipe nailed!

RoseMaries Stew Chicken

Chicken portions (this depend on which you choice to use chicken breast is 2sp, chicken drumstick skinless 1sp, with skin 2sp, chicken leg skinless 7sp, leg quarter with skin 12sp, chicken thigh skinless 4sp.) The choice as they say is yours

1/4 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp all purpose seasoning
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp coriander
1 veg oxo
1 thin sliced tomato
1 thin sliced onion
1 thin sliced red and green peppers

Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken mix properly in a bowl and leave over night to marinate. Pour into a dish cover with foil and cook into oven.

You only need Smart Point the chicken portions.  The one Rosemarie cooked for me was made with chicken drumsticks which are No Count if you remove the skin, it really was a deliciously flavoursome meal and the juice flavoured the grains perfectly.

Right I'm off to battle against my appetite today, lots of hot mugs of tea to help keep my head cold at bay, I suppose paracetamol wouldn't be a bad idea either.  And at the same time I will also remind myself of the fact the key to success with No Count is to listen to your body's hunger signals and to eat until you're satisfied - NOT STUFFED!  It'll also help that there's no 400g wholemeal calorie controlled bread in the house so I can't overeat on that.

Can't beat knowing yourself to help with weight loss success.  I'm hoping for a loss on Friday so I need to stay with it, it won't be a great loss, but 1/2lb will do me, especially as we did Nando's last Saturday.

Right I'm off, hopefully I haven't shared my ravenous hunger with you this morning!  Enjoy your day, we're halfway through the week already - doesn't it go quickly, or is that just because I enjoy my work? 

Stay BeYOUtiful. xx

No comments: