Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 9 January 2016

Fakeaway Chow Mein maybe?



9th January 2016
Let your smile change the world, don't let the world change your smile.


There's no such thing as a quiet day in the Weight Watcher world in January, so yesterday was all about paperwork and office stuff, plus some stuff for head office, I did get engrossed and before I knew it, it was almost two and I'd got a massage booked for half past, I'd been at it since six too!  There was a vet appointment on the morning too so not quite all work.

As you can guess, I forgot about the food!  And this is why I'm writing it down because I can't remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, I'm going to have to go look at my tracker!  Oh and would you believe it, my subscription has finished and I can't log in - I don't have time for this '-)

Anyways, I had something quick and easy and managed to make it through my day with my points in tact, for my dinner about 6ish I had a delicious, quick chicken dinner which took me less than 20 minutes to make, I microwave the potato, the chicken breast was already cook and a jar of asparagus, oh and of course a Yorkshire pudding thrown on top.  10 Smart Points of satisfaction on a plate, no fuss necessary and ended my day on track and I did partake in a glass of the red stuff, I don't want to do Dry January or be a tee-totaller, I love the taste of red wine!
It's 5.10am and I'm on the phone to Weight Watchers sorting out my subscription, I need my app!  Yay, I'm back up and running :), I can tell you what I had for brekkie yesterday now tee hee!  It was a bacon toasty, I ate the rest of the crispy bacon I'd bought, it's only 20g for 2sp and that was enough to cover the bread, I did actually eat the other 20g that was left in the try, well I shared it with Alfie, but it was all tracked, as was the chicken breast I ate whilst cooking my chicken dinner!  And my skimmed milk for my drinks, I'm actually following the plan properly for a change.

So I ended my day, on track with weeklies intact, didn't even make 3,000 steps but that was because the afternoon was all about me, I had an extended treatment at the Chi Rooms using up my Christmas vouchers and it was amazing, I could barely stay awake once I'd got home and I've slept right through until the alarm, lovely and chilled and recharged I am ready for my crazy Saturday morning with my lovelies.

I made it through another Friday, how cool is that, I've got a feeling that 2016 is going to see me getting back to my happy weight, 2014 was the year mom got ill and I just lived in fear for the year of it happening again, 2015 I used my mom as an excuse to continue eating and drinking too much (YOLO and all that rubbish) but suddenly I've realised that yes maybe you only do live once but let's make that once interesting, fun and balanced.  I love food and I absolutely know I can do that with portion control and interest, so that's what I'm doing. 

Right time to shower as my hair is full of aromatherapy oils, then it's off to work I go (ooo I sound like one of Cinderella's dwarves)

After yesterdays Indian recipe, how about a bit of Chinese, here's your Smart Points recipe for today.

Chicken Chow Mein

Serves 4, 8 Smart Points per serving

150g (5oz) cooked chicken (cut into thin strips)
1 tbsp oil
¼ tsp white pepper
¼ tsp chopped garlic
240g dried egg noodles
Bean sprouts (1 handful)
½ small onion (sliced)
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil

Cook noodles by soaking in boiling water for 5-10 minutes or until soft to touch. Clean wok, heat wok until hot and slightly smoky. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Add the chicken and onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Turn to low heat and add the garlic and stir-fry for another 15 seconds.

Now add the bean sprouts and noodles. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the noodles are soft. Add the salt, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce.

Stir-fry for another minute. Finally add the pepper and sesame oil and stir in.

Have a great weekend, focus on the healthy and happy BeYOUtiful, make yourself proud!

No comments: