Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Sunday 27 April 2014

What a fantastic day - Zumba & Cake!



27th April 2014
You don’t need a reason to help people…

This is a pure self indulgent, recording memories blog for me today because yesterday was just fabulous!  Not only were we raising money for charity but we got to have a giggle at the same time, it was fantastic to spend time with some of my awesome members, raise awareness and money for Breast Cancer Care and also recruit a few more members.  I was, particularly happy about the lady who’s decided to join me as she’d just spent £90 on a 10 day detox to lose weight – I can do that for her with real food and a lot less money.

We really did have a fun day, kids LOVE balloons – that’s official!  Captain Jack Sparrow cannot make WW out of balloons without sellotape ;-) and Zumba does look like fun, I have to admit after saying all these years there’s no way I’d do that but yep Paul got me convinced as he shaked his booty outside with Jack Sparrow and friends.  I’ll pop their team’s classes at the end of this blog if you’re up for a fun way to move more.

The morning started before 9, we put up our tables, filled them with cakes and I popped my member success photo boards on display too.  The cakes looked delicious, they really did, I won’t lie I did partake in a few small ones; let’s call them lunch shall we.  Paul helped me unload my  car and he’d made some amazing cakes, I took my mom a slice of the big Victoria sponge he’d made and she let me taste a small bite and oh my it was the best sponge cake I’ve ever had the pleasure to taste, better than those we tried at Hollybush garden centre last week.  I’ve always said I don’t get what people see in sponge cake but having tasted that one, now I do – the boy can bake!

Julie bought along her beautiful iced cake for the guess the weight of the cake raffle, the lady who won it was very pleased when I chatted to her on the phone last night, having started Weight Watchers last week she even asked me the ProPoints in it – 177pp! She’ll be sharing that then ;)

Julie stayed and helped me all day long, then she went above and beyond afterwards by walking round the supermarket with me and being my diet angel stopping me from buying bad stuff and suggesting I put the cheese and onion crisps back on the shelf.  I won’t lie I was that hungry when I shopped last night, had she not been with me, it would have gotten ugly, so a huge thank you to her for EVERYTHING she did yesterday, giving up her Saturday to help me was just awesome and thanks to her, I can get back on track today because my shop was clean!

So many cakes were donated by my wonderful members, I can’t say enough thank yous, and an extra thank you to Rachel and AnnMarie for staying with me to help out and to show people how fantastic Weight Watchers is, how it works.  Rachel has lost 11 stone, AnnMarie 5 stone and Julie 7½ stone, how amazing are these ladies, not just amazing in that respect but every other aspect too, great personalities, fantastic company, BeYOUtiful ladies through and through.  



We did have a giggle, have you ever tried to do charity work, it’s so funny how people try to dodge you.  What was even funnier was I was trying to give away free cookbooks and magazines, so I would say, “would you like a free cookbook my lovely”, and they would automatically say “no thank you” and walk on fast, that response was planned and prepped as soon as they’d spotted me, they weren’t waiting for me to say anything, they had that “NO” ready and waiting.  Why was it funny?  Because you could see what I’d actually said register as they went passed, “oh she said FREE, damn I said no!” and that look of “DAMN! I missed out” washed over their face, some even double backed to try again, but we were having none of that, no, you said no, you snooze you lose ;) we had to get our giggles somewhere.

One amazing old lady came up to the table and started eating one of the cakes, no donation made lol, I asked, “are you enjoy our cake, feel free to make a donation”, she was obviously a little deaf or a lot savvy and playing the ‘old lady’ thing to her advantage because she looked at me and said, “no your ok, I’m already a member, a gold member”.  Bless her heart, I paid for her cake, she made me giggle. 

Poor Paul, all day we were trying to tempt the lad with cake, he was having none of it, he was the only one of my members who resisted all day, he even got me to ProPoint the sandwich he bought for his lunch – on it like a car bonnet, he’s only got 12lbs to get to his holiday weight!  My girls had a little cake but they’ve tracked it, how great are they, no wonder they’re at goal and maintaining.  Awesome Members!

We raised £186.34 selling the Weight Watcher friendly cakes and so far Barbara raised £628 yesterday at her charity day including our contribution and another £1,005 on her justgiving page 
http://www.justgiving.com/barbara-king1  plus she’s now sporting a bald head from her sponsored balding yesterday.  It would be fantastic if she hits a total of £2k, another BeYOUtiful lady doing a wonderful thing.
I spoke to so many people yesterday who have been affected by cancer, it’s such a terrible disease and the treatment is so expensive, so raising this money can only help towards that.
If you’d like to see the photos take on the day, go to https://www.facebook.com/bevww/posts/10152310153970862
 
And have a fabulous Sunday whatever your plans.  Mine will be relaxing, standing all day yesterday has kicked my sciatica back into gear, hey ho it was worth it, maybe I need a bit of that Zumba in my life to get me moving more ;) 

Why not earn some Activity ProPoints at Pauls Zumba Classes
(07792 339 297) £4 a session

Monday 6-7pm
Sneyd Community, Vernon way, Bloxwich, WS3 2PA

Tuesday 6.30-7.30pm & Sunday 10-11pm
Shelfield Academy, Broad Way. WS4 1 BW

Wednesday 6.30-7.30
Landywood Primary School, Holly Lane, Great Wyrley, WS6 6AQ


No comments: