Disclaimer!

Disclaimer
Beverley has prepared the content of Bev's World irresponsibly and carelessly. She therefore disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, originality or completeness of the drivel presented on this blog or on other linked websites or on any subsequent links. She vehemently denies that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Beverley shall not be liable for inflicting laughter, shame, disgust, torrents of tears and the eventual desiccation or crashing boredom on readers.

Find me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/BeHappyOwls or search for Be Happy Owls

Saturday 5 April 2014

Looking forward to a day of fun...



5th  April 2014
Success is a bunch of mistakes put together – mistakes we learn from & move forward towards success.  Sue Wilkes


My pc takes longer to wake up in a morning than I do, quite frustrating when you’re in a bit of a hurry!  I have places to be, things to do ;) I’m picking up my besties daughter this morning, we’re going to do stuff, probably baking and cooking lunch if that’s what she fancies doing, then this afternoon when my mates finished worked we’re all off to paint pottery, I’m thinking a mug to drink my tea out of in the morning and maybe a dinner plate to remind me to “Eat Gorgeous” if I have time and it’s not ridiculously expensive.  I’m actually looking forward to my day, kids are way more fun when you only have them when you’re in the mood ;) hopefully Jen will be in a good mood too because she’s a bit of a scary ten year old when she’s in a bad one! 

Yesterday was mostly work, then an afternoon of ‘me time’, spent most of it enjoying tv with mom.  However if I plan of cooking with a kid today I better go get the kitchen clean and tidy ready to make a mess in there!  

My brains just not working again this morning, for a change I’ve not got much to say! 
So I’ll share a recipe with you instead, especially as one of my members was asking me about it the other day and I’ve just found it so she’ll be pleased;

Chicken tikka
Serves 4, F&H or 4pp per serving, 20 mins to prepare + marinating, 15 mins to cook

4 x 165g skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1/4 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp dried coriander
3 tsp cumin
3 tsp tandoori masala
100g  0% fat Greek yogurt (1pp)

Thread the chicken onto skewers. 
Put the onion, garlic, ginger juice and spices into a food processor and whizz
until finely chopped. Stir in the yogurt, season and mix well. Place the skewered
chicken in a dish and coat the chicken with the spicy yogurt mixture. Leave for
4 hours or overnight in the fridge.   To serve, grill under a hot grill until the chicken is cooked through. If you like, you can finish them off in a very hot pan misted with cooking spray. Decorate with fresh coriander leaves before serving.

Or she couldn’t meant this one;

Chicken Tikka
Serves 4, F&H or 5pp per serving

4 x 165g skinless chicken breasts (16pp)
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
6 tbsp low fat natural yogurt (4pp)
1 level tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander

Wash and pat dry the chicken breasts; cut the breasts 3 or 4 times diagonally without cutting right the way through.  Season both sides with salt & freshly ground black pepper and place in a shallow dish.  Mix the remaining ingredients together and spoon over the chicken, making sure the chicken is completely covered.  Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.  Preheat the grill to medium/hot.  Line the grill tray with foil and arrange the chicken breasts in the tray.  Cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side or until tender and cooked through.   Drain the chicken and serve with raiti and a tomato, onion and mixed green leaf salad.

Have a great day whatever your plans, I know I will.

Eat Gorgeous BeYOUtiful. xx


No comments: